CJohn

Skyfall OS thread - 1,000.2M WW (289.6M+710.6M)

seems good, what do you think

I definitely think so. For a loose comparison I looked at the box office for Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol during it's first 14 days of release (12/21/2011 - 01/04/2012). MI:GP grossed $390M WW, which included the U.S.Skyfall, in the last 12 days (10/26/2012 - 11/07/2011), has earned $320 million OS. That number does not include any U.S. figures. Edited by Burgess

I'm not sure what MI:GP's worldwide release schedule looked like but Skyfall has yet to open in Japan (12/01/2012), Australia (11/22/2012), New Zealand (11/22/2012), South Africa (12/30/2012) and China (TBD).By Sunday, Skyfall should be around $400M OS. If the territories listed above only made $100M combined and Skyfall stopped earning anything in all other OS markets then the film will still make $500M OS. A U.S gross of 180M or more added to $500M OS means that Skyfall will just about match MI: GP. Given that Skyfall will not just abruptly stop making money in already released markets, I think $725M to $750M WW is the film's likely gross.

Edited by Burgess

I definitely think so. For a loose comparison I looked at the box office for Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol during it's first 14 days of release (12/21/2011 - 01/04/2012). MI:GP grossed $390M WW, which included the U.S.Skyfall, in the last 12 days (10/26/2012 - 11/07/2011), has earned $320 million OS. That number does not include any U.S. figures.

With 14 days DOM it would have 170M+ for 490M+ WW which would be 100M+ more than GP.

If by Wed, That is 10M+ for each workday, meh/decent (comparing with last weekend). If by Tue, 15M+ for each workday, good.

It must be upto Tuesday.... Wednesday numbers haven't been reported yet for NA so I doubt studio has reported OS numbers for Wednesday.Moreover, UK alone would have contributed $10m by Wednesday. $20m for the rest for 3-days would be too little, don't you think?

It must be upto Tuesday.... Wednesday numbers haven't been reported yet for NA so I doubt studio has reported OS numbers for Wednesday.

Moreover, UK alone would have contributed $10m by Wednesday. $20m for the rest for 3-days would be too little, don't you think?

Yeah, it is up to Tuesday:

The James Bond thriller reached the mark by the end of Tuesday and remains on course to finish well over $400m through Sony and MGM markets by the end of Sunday, not including its first three days in North America.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/distribution/skyfall-surges-past-320m-internationally/5048783.article
  • Like 1

It wont do 700M OS. last week there was holidays in EU. Plus its way too weak in Asia and SA.I am thinking 600M~650m, depending on rest markets.

All souls day in catholic countries and Reformation day in protestant countries - one day at mostI think it is fascinating that it increased in every single marketwhether it really goes 600+ will be determined in China again; 2008 for QoS 21m was the 2nd highest market relative to its then smaller marketsize. For MI4 China was again 2nd,but all the other Asian markets were also high. Edited by Rudolf

Saw it last night.. 70% full theater on a wed.. Insane around here. Almost never happens..And i loved it.. A little slow at first, but when JB (Javier that is) stole the screen it took shape and ended up being the best Craig Bond by far and one of the best in 20 years or so..Can´t wait for the next one..

If this breaks 700m OS, it's gonna be the only 3rd 2D film to do that. :blink:

I don't think that $700M OS is possible but $550M-$600M+ is. I think $600M is a lock, especially considering the remaining sizeable territories where Skyfall has yet to premier. If the U.S. gross ends where even the conservative estimates predict then $800M is in play.

Skyfall made 30m in two weekdays, so it will make 120m+ for the whole week. Giving 50% drops from there will mean Skyfall finishes with 530m+ from current markets.Australia (35-40m), Japan (30-35m) and a few other markets have yet to open, so Skyfall should cross 600m before going to China.

Skyfall made 30m in two weekdays, so it will make 120m+ for the whole week. Giving 50% drops from there will mean Skyfall finishes with 530m+ from current markets.Australia (35-40m), Japan (30-35m) and a few other markets have yet to open, so Skyfall should cross 600m before going to China.

Yup, that's why I said 600M~650M range for it. Japan may be lower though.