CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

This site has followed SHH down that dark path. A few bad reviews have caused panic in some quarters. Once good ones start being added the mood will lift since it's so easily influenced.  

Why would an 89% on rottentomatoes cause panic?It doesn't make sense.

Why would an 89% on rottentomatoes cause panic?It doesn't make sense.

No, but the mood on forums never does make sense. Over on SHH an funereal pall has settled over the IM3 forum at a time when the movie is very well reviewed and on track to crack the magic billion-dollar ceiling. It's all rather surreal. 

I didn't see much panic. Filmbuff is getting a little frantic. Azazel is trolling.  Sam and a couple of others are making sarcastic posts. Might be one other guy losing it. But the majority are just chilling.

I didn't see much panic. Filmbuff is getting a little frantic. Azazel is trolling.  Sam and a couple of others are making sarcastic posts. Might be one other guy losing it. But the majority are just chilling.

I was out the whole evening and returned seeing like tons of new pages about RT scores, it's quite fun to read at first, but then, the over-reactions of some are just  :sadno: Wasn't there one guy who kept saying how the Top Critics score is so bad, not good signs, etc...  :lol: After a few more pages, yeah, I figured it's best I just skip to the last page. And the cycle will continue tomorrow I'm sure  :lol:

• Like 1

I was out the whole evening and returned seeing like tons of new pages about RT scores, it's quite fun to read at first, but then, the over-reactions of some are just  :sadno: Wasn't there one guy who kept saying how the Top Critics score is so bad, not good signs, etc...  :lol: After a few more pages, yeah, I figured it's best I just skip to the last page. And the cycle will continue tomorrow I'm sure  :lol:

I try to skip over all the bullshit.

• Like 2

That is exactly what I was referring to, all of the hand-wringing over the RT scores and top critics' reviews. It died down after a glowing review from Corliss was posted, but for a while there the mood was frantic. We were being told that superhero films need to stay above the mid-80s at RT to have any hope of a good multiplier, or something. Spider-Man 3's 63% begs to differ. 

Whaatt?? That's even bigger than I expected :blink:. It already outgrossed IM2 ($4.4M) in 4 days! With 2.7x multiplier (which is gonna be easy, considering its WOM and competition), it will beat TA's total, and all time record at the same time. :D

Apparently that $4.5M was for 3 days! :blink: It CRUSHED the previous 3-day OW record (HP 7 pt 2 - $3,220,311). It would've been even higher had it opened on Friday. In 4 days it has already made $5,301,345! 

With TA's legs - $18,465,571

With Skyfall legs (also opened on Thursday) - $14,419,658

All time record (TA) - $11,949,911

Just WOW.

• Like 1

Iceroll and a couple of others have decided that the RT consensus statement must be rewritten because of the top critic's score even though the overall score is still 87%/7.4. There is some epic concern trolling going on in that thread. It's more amusing than the flip-outs in the PR thread. 

Why no daily numbers? :(I remembered TA's daily numbers got reported, well, daily.IM3 should do huge business today, May 1st, with that opening in China and Labor Day Holiday boost in many countries. Could it break the highest grossing Wednesday record?

Why no daily numbers? :(I remembered TA's daily numbers got reported, well, daily.IM3 should do huge business today, May 1st, with that opening in China and Labor Day Holiday boost in many countries. Could it break the highest grossing Wednesday record?

50M wed is possible, including 20M from China.

• Like 1

That is exactly what I was referring to, all of the hand-wringing over the RT scores and top critics' reviews. It died down after a glowing review from Corliss was posted, but for a while there the mood was frantic. We were being told that superhero films need to stay above the mid-80s at RT to have any hope of a good multiplier, or something. Spider-Man 3's 63% begs to differ. 

Spider-man 3 actually did have bad legs, but it also had far worse reviews then IM3 is getting so far.

Spider Man 3 had bag legs but they look okay now as legs have gotten worse these days lol

No, it's still bad legs even by today's standards, matched amongst Superhero films only by Wolverine and Green Lantern, which both had bad WOM.

No daily numbers from Disney....disappointed. So I am gonna make my own one:

Week opening: 13.2m Wed 23.3m Thu 41m Fri 66m Sat 53m Sun = 198m as reported 

This week: 19m Mon 23 Tue 53 Wed 29m Thu 39m Fri 60m Sat 47m Sun = 270m 2nd week [Might being underestimating]

Next week: 150m

Fouth week: 70m

Fifth: 30m

Rest: 30m

Total OS: 750m

$242.1M OS gross including Tuesday!

WEDNESDAY: Iron Man 3 surpassed the overseas total for Captain America, grossing $24.3 million on Tuesday to reach a global total of $242.1 million ahead of its U.S. release. The film opens in China today.

No daily numbers from Disney....disappointed. So I am gonna make my own one:

Week opening: 13.2m Wed 23.3m Thu 41m Fri 66m Sat 53m Sun = 198m as reported 

This week: 19m Mon 23 Tue 53 Wed 29m Thu 39m Fri 60m Sat 47m Sun = 270m 2nd week [Might being underestimating]

Next week: 150m

Fouth week: 70m

Fifth: 30m

Rest: 30m

Total OS: 750m

So IM3's OS total stand at 242.1M. With a 24.3M on Tuesday, that means 19.4 Monday.