iceroll

Catching Fire OS Thread || 438m

It won't do New Moon numbers.

That would be a 110% increase, a bit more than double of THG OW, so 20 million should be reachable, isn't it?

Anyway, and if I am not wrong, that is not the real growth since Brazilian Real has lost about a 20% of its value relative to March 2012. In order to know real growth, we have that it would be really growing about a 150% in Brazil (without inflation).

Yes, that's right. Though, I do hope it does 20M in here. If the word of mouth is good, which I'm pretty sure it will be, it might do a little more.

It won't do New Moon numbers.

Yes, that's right. Though, I do hope it does 20M in here. If the word of mouth is good, which I'm pretty sure it will be, it might do a little more.

Ok. I said this not only for Brazilian case but to make us an idea of the potential growth in other similar markets.

That is some serious increase. 

600M OS is in play if most markets all follow a similar path.

Bigger than Thor 2 is a lock now.

That is what I am thinking. And that takes to think that 1 billion WW would be in play. When I have seen the Brazilian number I have said wow. Considering the drop of the currency that is a very huge increase. It is just an OD from one market, but still very remarkable. Very interesting OS run to follow.

Edited by peludo

That is some serious increase. 

600M OS is in play if most markets all follow a similar path.

Bigger than Thor 2 is a lock now.

opening day was inflated by holiday in Brazil. It will increase pretty much everywhere but I don't think by that amount

Edited by John Marston

opening day was inflated by holiday in Brazil. It will increase pretty much everywhere but I don't think by that amount

The question is that with last year exchange rate and if it finally does 6.5 OW, we would be talking about 8 million OW. Considering THG opened to just 3.1 million the increase in admissions is extremely remarkable.

Stupid exchange rate :/

Well, we have had very similar situations with very big movies in the past. In 2001, both HP1 and FOTR should have done a 50% more in Eurozone countries if Euro had had the value it has today. It would have mean about 100 million $ more for each movie OS. For that reason I have always thought that WW numbers are not fair enough.

Despite holiday, still 150%+ increase.

Even with 100% increases everywhere OS, 550M OS is done.

It wont though

100% increases in developed markets never happens.

Not beeing a downer just a realist.

Edited by Lordmandeep