CJohn

Frozen OS thread

Australia will finally get the sing along version in the second weekend of March.. I doubt it'll do much here though, it's pretty much finished its run.

Disney doing that by design. Release sing along when near done and it'll get a boost and keep some legs on it.It looks like itll add 10m + in the US. Maybe it'll increase OS by 10-20. Wee'll see the reaction in argentina and venezuela this weekend.

Disney is absolutely kicking ass the way they are distributing Frozen.  Just brilliant the way they are taking advantage of peoples desire to see this multiple times. If they release the Sing Along in SK will it explode there again?

It added 20%, 2m, in the US for the first weekend. I could see the impact greater inSK. Theyll wait a few more weeks. People will be more likely to go a second or third time after some tiime .passes.

The week is shaping up likethisChina 16mSK 11mUS 8mOthers 8m957m955 locked. 960 possibleStep up the optimism Omni!

Looking like for the week ending tomorrow:China 17mSk 8.5mUS 8.5mOthers 10mTotal 958m maybe 960mOnly 6m drop WW from last week.China looks like it will continue to hold. With all the competition it has faced, DOS shouldn't impact it much.With small drops likely, 990 next Sunday. 1b by march 1.
  • Like 2

Looking like for the week ending tomorrow:China 17mSk 8.5mUS 8.5mOthers 10mTotal 958m maybe 960mOnly 6m drop WW from last week.China looks like it will continue to hold. With all the competition it has faced, DOS shouldn't impact it much.With small drops likely, 990 next Sunday. 1b by march 1.

Kids back to school on Monday and Winter holiday comes to an end.

13m is a stretch I think. That would put it near or even above avatar which is #1 atm in attendance in SK. 10m attendance is a good number to aim for. Still I've learned not to underestimate frozen so who knows :P

Who knows at this point. It'll be at 9m admissions (or just a hair under) by Sunday while being #1 again for the weekend. Unless it really starts losing screens fast, which seems unlikely for a movie still playing incredibly well, I think 11m is the floor and 13 is in the realm of possibility (especially if it gets a sing-a-long bump near the end of its run).

• Like 1

Who knows at this point. It'll be at 9m admissions (or just a hair under) by Sunday while being #1 again for the weekend. Unless it really starts losing screens fast, which seems unlikely for a movie still playing incredibly well, I think 11m is the floor and 13 is in the realm of possibility (especially if it gets a sing-a-long bump near the end of its run).

I feel like a sing-a-long version would go absolutely bananas in S. Korea! Both versions of Let It Go (Idina's and the cover by Hyolyn) have been insanely popular over there with Idina's still sitting at #1. Hopefully the Disney distribution team can conjure up some more magic and keep this awesome run going strong!

One reason I'm pessimistic on frozen doing avatar numbers in SK is because local movies are generally more popular over there. A recent SK movie called "attorney" managed 11m in attendance and it took less time to get to where frozen is at right now. Frozen legs are freakishly long yes but there's no way of telling if it will even reach close to avatar numbers. singalong version may be crucial but to my knowledge there's no news yet that they're going to show over there.

Oh and a string of hollywood and local movies are coming out on feb 20 so that might impact frozen attendance too

One reason I'm pessimistic on frozen doing avatar numbers in SK is because local movies are generally more popular over there. A recent SK movie called "attorney" managed 11m in attendance and it took less time to get to where frozen is at right now. Frozen legs are freakishly long yes but there's no way of telling if it will even reach close to avatar numbers. singalong version may be crucial but to my knowledge there's no news yet that they're going to show over there.

Oh and a string of hollywood and local movies are coming out on feb 20 so that might impact frozen attendance too

It is true. I think 13M is a stretch altho almost none of those movies opening on Feb 20th would appeal that much to the Korean audience and noticeably hurt Frozen. (Namely American Hustle. SLP only did about 120k.. The local film Jjirasi might have a shot tho.)

And I don't think we'll get an official sing-along version here, especially given that English isn't our first language and they won't make a Korean version for it, but we did have a special screening of an English sing-along show with a few selected audience. It seemed more like an one-time event.

At least it's now evident it will eventually pass the 10M mark, the media will go crazy and Frozen will have possibly won 2 Oscars by then and with all those recreated buzz and to celebrate the 10M milestone Disney Korea might do something and give it a one last push. (We're hoping for a wide release of an ATMOS version that we didn't manage to get.) So it's hard to say where it'll end, but it would be somewhere between 10M and 13M.

Edited by yjs