CJohn

Frozen OS thread

More impressive OS performance than DOM for Frozen IMO.

IF Japan does higher than expected, then East Asia will be the most impressive region for frozen. 

Before release predictions were:

China: $20m

Korea: $20m

Japan: $60-70m

Actual:

China: $48m

South Korea: $77M

Japan: ??

IF Japan does higher than expected, then East Asia will be the most impressive region for frozen. 

That was the prediction for Korea? I thought all animated movies flop in Korea? :o

• Like 1

Actual:

China: $48m

South Korea: $77M

Japan: ??

That was the prediction for Korea? I thought all animated movies flop in Korea? :o

Right. I would have predicted no more than $10m before release.

Yeah judging from some of the posts earlier in this thread. Since tangled did $9m in korea quite a few people had $20m as the ceiling. 

People were pessimistic for China too with some saying $10m even. 

Yeah judging from some of the posts earlier in this thread. Since tangled did $9m in korea quite a few people had $20m as the ceiling.

People were pessimistic for China too with some saying $10m even. 

That's after DOM breaking out.

It would be interesting to know what people predicted before DOM OW. I mean, Tangled did massive 400m OS, so I recall most people did not expect Frozen to outgross Tangled OS. So $10m (Tangled numbers) was a reasonable, if not bold, prediction for Frozen in SK (and every other market) before it released in NA.

Edited by firedeep

That's after DOM breaking out.

It would be interesting to know what people predicted before DOM OW. I mean, Tangled did massive 400m OS, so I recall most people did not expect Frozen to outgross Tangled OS. So $10m (Tangled numbers) was a reasonable, if not bold, prediction for Frozen in SK (and every other market) before it released in NA.

That's a fair point. 

So probably something like Sk:10 china:10 Japan:40 

you are getting optimistic. For frozen to beat TF3 you would lose our wager. Unless of course you were being pessimistic on your bet! ;)

Ehm... :shy:Not really pessimistic, but certainly conservative. :P

If you read it carefully, though, you'll notice that mine wasn't a prediction, but a strong desire. And yes, I'd love to lose our wager ;)

Update TOHO by 10 pm

Frozen is going crazy today.

The admissions is

Last Saturday: 59121

Sunday   64414

Less seats and screens, crazier and unstoppable

What theater in it's right mind dropped Frozen after that opening weekend and incredible weekdays?

What theater in it's right mind dropped Frozen after that opening weekend and incredible weekdays?

A Japanese movie sequel screens today and this film is well-known to the audience.

Thus, Frozen has to give some of its seats and screens to this film.

However, this movie is only heated this morning because of the opening celebration of its actor/ actress in TOHO.

After that, Frozen dominated and this movie gave away some big screens to Frozen.

It's only for Friday. Like LABAS said, they took the biggest screens from Frozen to accommodate special screenings for a Japanese movie, with appearances by the actors/actresses. Don't worry, they gave the big screens back to Frozen for Saturday & Sunday showings.

Edited by catlover

I'm still amazed by the weekday performance. If I'm reading things right MU was at 20.1m after its 2nd weekend, but Frozen is around 21.2m before its 2nd weekend even starts (9.7m + 11.5m).

:mouthdropped:

Could be the same level of Wind Rises that was at 20,8M$ after friday and at 29M$ after 2nd weekend (119M$ at the end). Although Frozen should have one more day of release.