Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I can't believe there's still people who think this will break the OD record after what just happened....it made only 30.6m at midnight and there was a massive shooting where 71 were shot. Anything over 80M would be fantastic!

I can't help but be a little disappointed if it "only" does $80m or thereabouts, even with the shooting.

The times for my local theatre:

(UltraAVX)

12:30 PM (~80%) | 4:10 PM(~85%) | 7:50 PM - SOLD OUT | 11:30 PM (6 seats left out of ~450)*

(CC)

12:05 AM (Friday) - SOLD OUT | 12:05 AM (Friday)(~99%) | 11:30 AM(~65%) | 2:40 PM - SOLD OUT | 3:10 PM - SOLD OUT | 6:20 PM - SOLD OUT | 6:50 PM - SOLD OUT | 10:00 PM - SOLD OUT | 10:30 PM -SOLD OUT | 10:40 PM(~95% already)*

12:00 PM(~65%) | 3:40 PM(~90%) | 7:20 PM - SOLD OUT | 11:00 PM(~90% already) *

At this comparable point in time, TA had sold out every single one of its shows.

*: The staff member I talked to said that these are projected to sell out within the hour.

How are you getting these numbers? I'd like to do this at my theater.

DON'T READ SPOILERS NOCTIS!!! Or anybody for that matter. If you stay away from reviews, you stay away from spoilers. Why risk ruining the movie or going in with a bias?

IT'S A DISEASE. MY FINGERS MAKE ME CLICK ON SPOILERY THREADS.

Networks, Not Warner Bros, Pulled ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ TV Ads

The pulling of The Dark Knight Rises TV spots after the shooting in Aurora, Colo, came from the networks first — not Warner Bros. “The networks decided the ads should be pulled this morning due to sensitivity concerns during their news coverage and WB agreed after the fact,” a studio insider says. All the networks turned over their Friday morning shows to reports of the shooting at the midnight screening of the third installment in Christopher Nolan’s Batman saga. “NBC pulled the ads this morning and then later heard from Warners’ agency not to run them,” a source close to the network told Deadline. It was deemed inappropriate, the source added, to be covering the tragedy and showing ads and scenes from the Batman film in the same broadcast.

More at queen's site: http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/dark-knight-rises-tv-ads-pulled-networks-shooting/

How are you getting these numbers? I'd like to do this at my theater.

There's a staffer there on the weekends, who works Mon-Thurs. as my Porter. Edited by riczhang

lol- did you go in the RTM thread? I talked about you in there.

I just read the last line of some reviews. Oh, fuck me. The fact that you mentioned me in that thread means that what we talked about is real.

Posted Image

• Like 1

I can't help but be a little disappointed if it "only" does $80m or thereabouts, even with the shooting.

Well you shouldn't be. It would make it the 2nd most attended OD of all time time! And if it manages to make 83M - the highest attended OD in motion picture history. The 100M OD talk was always a pipe dream. Edited by Mr Potter

Also... were there trailers for anyone? In my theater the movie started immediately. That's only ever happened with Passion of the Christ for me.Though I guess it was just to fit all the IMAX showings in.

Edited by Travod Unchained

I think you will be too. Knowing you. I really do. I'm afraid that I'm going to be disappointed on my second viewing, once all the hoopla dies down.

The first time I refrained from posting because I know how hype can make me like a movie more than I actually do. My second viewing confirmed my disappointment.