Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Well you shouldn't be. It would make it the 2nd most attended OD of all time time! And if it manages to make 83M - the highest attended OD in motion picture history. The 100M OD talk was always a pipe dream.

It's more about the rest of the weekend than the day by itself. And you also have to think of the potential this film had, but now doesn't because of the shooting.

Anyone else think Sunday might stay flat with Saturday? People are going to feel better about seeing the movie by then.

I've actually thought that might happen. Or we will see a better drop next weekend. I think the WOM is going to be very good too, judging by the insane reaction the movie got once the credits rolled.

Has no-one thought that maybe this tragic even could end up doing this film good (without sounding harsh). its getting a lot of publicity right not.

From the lack of sellout reports it seems this isn't the case at all.

Anyone else think Sunday might stay flat with Saturday? People are going to feel better about seeing the movie by then.

No. I really believe that most of the general audience is not affected by the shooting. The only demographic that may hold off is the family demo but that group was going to make up a pretty small amount of TDKR gross anyway.

Also... were there trailers for anyone? In my theater the movie started immediately. That's only ever happened with Passion of the Christ for me.Though I guess it was just to fit all the IMAX showings in.

I got trailers but I read that some theaters are skipping them because the length of the movie plus ads is a strain on the projection machines.

Agreed. We'll never know if 100M was a possibility before this.

Impossible. You think it would have managed to make 70M for the rest of Friday, without 3D? The highest single day ever, excluding midnights, and adjusted for inflation is the original Spiderman's Sat, and that couldn't even get to 60M.

No. I really believe that most of the general audience is not affected by the shooting. The only demographic that may hold off is the family demo but that group was going to make up a pretty small amount of TDKR gross anyway.

I thought that would be the case this morning, but from the reports of slow walkups I don't think there's really any doubt the general audience has taken some notice.

Impossible. You think it would have managed to make 70M for the rest of Friday, without 3D? The highest single day ever, excluding midnights, and adjusted for inflation is the original Spiderman's Sat, and that couldn't even get to 60M.

Yeah, it needed midnights in the high $30s at a minimum to have a chance.
  • Like 1

I don't think that, but we can't ever really know. I do think the OD record would have been in reach.

I didn't grade or formally review TDKR but I came back on a high saying I loved it, which sadly I'm not sure it's deserving of all that because there are many flaws.

So, basically, this is DH2 all over for you again.

I didn't grade or formally review TDKR but I came back on a high saying I loved it, which sadly I'm not sure it's deserving of all that because there are many flaws.

There are plenty of movies I love that I also think have significant flaws. SUNSHINE, for one.

My theater clapped every 15-20 minutes.

My theater was extremely quiet for the entire movie. I though maybe everyone hated it. Once the credits rolled though, people were cheering and yelling and clapping like crazy.

I've actually thought that might happen. Or we will see a better drop next weekend. I think the WOM is going to be very good too, judging by the insane reaction the movie got once the credits rolled.

I wouldn't put much stock into that. If they were planning to see the film this weekend but didn't, then they're probably not going to go at all.