Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

WTF? Nikki is still counting 30 million presales separately from the Friday numbers.

$80M Friday: Box Office: $120M Worldwide: $30M Pre-Sales, $10.4M Foreign

Posted Image

The fact that we're now comparing it to DH2, one of the most frontloaded films to make over $300m, is not a good sign.

It seems that people are forgetting that TDKR is bound to be a bit more frontloaded than TDK given the critical reception of the latter. It will, of course, have better legs in comparison to something like a DH2, but a 50M+ number off a 30M midnight sounds just about right. It already burned off a ton of demand from midnight shows. I personally think that expectations were just too high for a film that lacked 3D or a Heath Ledger factor to seriously challenge the absurd Avengers OW.Great number in either case. 185M or so looks right. i don't think the shootings made the smallest difference and as of yet, most people in the industry more qualified than anyone here seems to agree. Edited by nAlkaline

The fact that we're now comparing it to DH2, one of the most frontloaded films to make over $300m, is not a good sign.

precisely, one of the most front loaded films with 3D made 48, which makes 50+ million for TDKR on friday very good. on pace for 185 M

its already broken the record for most attended as well as most 2d midnight ever. What are you talking about?

Eclipse did $30.1m midnights in 2010, so it clearly had more attendance than TDKR. BD2 did $30.25m last year, so that probably had better attendance too (as there have been huge IMAX screenings and sell outs for TDKR). DH2 has it beat in attendance as well.

Eclipse did $30.1m midnights in 2010, so it clearly had more attendance than TDKR. BD2 did $30.25m last year, so that probably had better attendance too (as there have been huge IMAX screenings and sell outs for TDKR). DH2 has it beat in attendance as well.

for now, not til the end tho

It seems that people are forgetting that TDKR is bound to be a bit more frontloaded than TDK given the critical reception of the latter. It will, of course, have better legs in comparison to something like a DH2, but a 50M+ number off a 30M midnight sounds just about right. It already burned off a ton of demand from midnight shows. I personally think that expectations were just too high for a film that lacked 3D or a Heath Ledger factor to seriously challenge the absurd Avengers OW.Great number in either case. 185M or so looks right. i don't think the shootings made the smallest difference and as of yet, most people in the industry more than qualified than anyone here seems to agree.

enough spin please

Hathaway was easily the best thing about the film for me. I absolutely loved her.

Concur. I see what Nolan meant when he said a couple weeks back that Hathaway should get her own Catwoman movie. Too bad the Halle Berry version killed the chances of it happening.