Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Nikki doesn't agree. Frankly many have already stated in the last 10 pages they don't either.The only ones saying this are those who had unreasonably high expectations to begin with.

I don't know anymore. I think it had an effect, even if it was a small one.

Nikki doesn't agree. Frankly many have already stated in the last 10 pages they don't either.The only ones saying this are those who had unreasonably high expectations to begin with.

Nikki is an idiot, we know this. People thinking this is a good result really don't seem to understand how huge anticipation was for this movie. There is zero reason the OD record could not have been put into jeopardy.
  • Like 1

There's no reason for people to sugarcoat the number. The Avengers got 18M midnights and went on to do 62M in day business. Granted, school was still in, but TDKR really should have done at least 60M with 30.6M midnights. Unless the number jumps to 90 or so, it's blatantly obvious the shootings had a huge impact.

TDKR isn't in 3D...not exactly a fair comparison especially given the fact that TDKR burned a lot more demand from the midnight shows. You can't just equate the two numbers.

There's no reason for people to sugarcoat the number. The Avengers got 18M midnights and went on to do 62M in day business. Granted, school was still in, but TDKR really should have done at least 60M with 30.6M midnights. Unless the number jumps to 90 or so, it's blatantly obvious the shootings had a huge impact.

I still dont agree, at least so far as the impact being "huge." Frankly, I think the Ledger effect and the Joker effect are likelier explanations as it stands. Edited by Orestes

Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant. You can't say barely beating TDK's day business isn't at least a little bit disappointing and makes some sense when you consider the shooting.
  • Like 2

No, I'm just saying people just stop melting down over an 85 million dollar Friday. We have no idea of that's even a true number. It may be closer to 90 million. The only person who I believe is RTH. Nikki and her cronies completely missed the OD for The Avengers. TDKR will still do 185-190+ OW.TDKR is the best film of the trilogy.

Thats your opinion and youre entitled to it but its by far the worst in my eyes. And I dont think there will be a lot of repeat business for this one.

18 million with 3D is very low, 62 million with 3D is very good. they balanced each other out, how is this logic not getting through?!

Elaborate please. I know day business would be higher since it was May, but 50M is an unequivocal disappointment.