Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I'd consider 85m a big win the way things are going.

Absolutely! Whatever the final tally, it will be impressive, and y'all should be proud of that achievement. Heck, I don't even like this franchise and I'm rooting for it at this point.

What's 15/70?

15/70 is what we call Real Imax, which is 70mm film played sideways, which results in a width of 15 perforations of film, thereby giving us 15/70. And, Digital IMAX is 2, 2K digital projectors projecting on top of each other, which we call Lie-Max, as it is no where near as good as 15/70. However, IMAX is upgrading their digital system to 2, 4K projectors which would be an improvement, but not up to the 12K (18K theoretical) resolution of the 15/70 film.

Your past posts indicate you were hoping it would go lower well its not. Americans are not a bunch of wimpy stay home its not safe, 9 11 changed them they dont stop their lives to succumb to tragedies

I was hoping that would be the case, but the numbers, so far at least, are proving otherwise. I guess theatres are different to airplanes or anything else because they serve no function other than as entertainment. They're completely disposable.

The Dark Knight Rises "only" doing $80 million is a bit unexpected coming off of $30m midnights. I do have to wonder if the shooting really did have some negative effect.

It probably had a bigger effect than we can imagine.

Yea I know it will look amazing in IMAX. I was talking about the film in general though. I usually let my hype for movies cloud my feelings about a movie the first time through.

I thought that the IMAX format enhanced my experience, and made me like the movie more.

The Dark Knight Rises "only" doing $80 million is a bit unexpected coming off of $30m midnights. I do have to wonder if the shooting really did have some negative effect. Not on the movie's actual reception and word of mouth, but just if it hampered with people deciding to go in any small way.Still it's gonna be hard for this to miss $175m opening weekend which almost still guarantees $400m.

It's "only" doing 80-85 mil because its in 2D. I think people were underrating how much 3D was going to be necessary to do Avengersesque (or especially above) numbers. Edited by Orestes

15/70 is what we call Real Imax, which is 70mm film played sideways, which results in a width of 15 perforations of film, thereby giving us 15/70. And, Digital IMAX is 2, 2K digital projectors projecting on top of each other, which we call Lie-Max, as it is no where near as good as 15/70. However, IMAX is upgrading their digital system to 2, 4K projectors which would be an improvement, but not up to the 12K (18K theoretical) resolution of the 15/70 film.

Thanks. I didn't know 15/70 was the short-form for true IMAX. I just thought it was one thing and not several.

A bit of good news, I got a call from my porter, and he said that apparently the 2:40pm regular showing, had an audience member spontaneously lead a moment of silence during the credits where every member of the audience stayed. I thought it was something nice that needed sharing.

• Like 1

"Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew of The Dark Knight Rises, I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community.

I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie. I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime.

The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me.

Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families."

- Christopher Nolan

• Like 1