baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

In fact TDKR would need the exact same legs as TDK from here on out to hit $475m and pass TPM. And TDK had some awesome post 2nd weekend legs.

TDK multiplier after the second weekend was 1.69-1.70. That would put TDKR at nearly $490m. To hit $475m it needs a 1.65, which is similar to THG's.

It'll. I have been saying all along that 3x multiplier will happen. Remember, it still has dollar theaters plus Disney usually give their movies a boost during Labor Day weekend. DVD/BIR release, isn't for 2 more months so it should play in theaters until then.

I think dollar theaters will get it this weekend or next...... it's generally Pixar films that expand on Labor Day. Edited by Fake

TDK multiplier after the second weekend was 1.69-1.70. That would put TDKR at nearly $490m. To hit $475m it needs a 1.65, which is similar to THG's.

I thought you're supposed to do the multi off of what it made before the weekend? So like TDK made $238m before its second weekend and then had a 3.9x multi off its $75m 2nd weekend gross from there? If you do that then TDKR needs a 3.9 x multi off a $64m 2nd weekend to get to $475m. Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

I thought you're supposed to do the multi off of what it made before the weekend? So like TDK made $238m before its second weekend and then had a 3.9x multi off its $75m 2nd weekend gross from there? If you do that then TDKR needs a 3.9 x multi off a $64m 2nd weekend to get to $475m.

Ah, that's probably correct. What is THG's when you do it that way? I came up with 3.7, give or take. Edited by redfirebird2008

I think dollar theaters will get it this weekend...... it's generally Pixar films that expand on Labor Day.

THG just went this past weekend, any reason why you think it'll go to dollar theaters this upcoming weekend? Your right, I'm hoping that Disney also expand TA on LD weekend.

I thought you're supposed to do the multi off of what it made before the weekend? So like TDK made $238m before its second weekend and then had a 3.9x multi off its $75m 2nd weekend gross from there? If you do that then TDKR needs a 3.9 x multi off a $64m 2nd weekend to get to $475m.

Exactly, you have to take into account how it's currently performing. Lumping in the 30m midnights then multiplying off of that certainly does not do that.