CJohn

Weekend (8/10-12/12) Estimates: Bourne Legacy 40.3M; Campaign 27.4M; Hope Springs 15.6M

If people are just going for action they're gonna be in for a massive disappointment. There is a nice action scene thrown in, but you have to make it through the first 2 hours without falling asleep to get there.

You already saw the movie?

Finally back up! It was wierd not having the forum to check on for the past 2 days. Great to see Bourne to a solid start. I was a little worried for a whole with all the negative reviews and WOM. Well it still has them but there's at least some solid positive reviews. Was pumped when saw RT score of 60+. Then it kept on coming down again. LOLHeh oh well.

• Like 1

Yeah saw it. There's 5 hours 2 hours I'd like back.

Can you do a review or something? I am very disappointed to hear that the movie is a boring shit. Edited by CJohn

Can you do a review or something? I am very disappointed to hear that the movie is a boring shit.

Hey you might still like it who knows. Just don't expect much action, and be prepared for a very slow movie. What made it all the worse is the whole movie ends up essentially being a pointless story that certainly didn't need telling if you ask me. There's not really much else I have to say about it to write a whole review. I think they should've left the trilogy alone, it was a great way to end it, and this was just milking the franchise and brand name for a story that really has nothing to do with Bourne. But maybe you'll find something to it I didn't. I think Renner gave a solid performance though, and was probably the best thing about it. Good to see he can pull off a lead since I had my doubts. Edited by MovieMan89

Bad critic reviews don't necessarily translate to bad word of mouth (regarding Bourne)

The first three films all received great reviews, so we don't know that. Regardless, the general public isn't positive enough to save TBL from the usual sequel frontloading this weekend.

Hey you might still like it who knows. Just don't expect much action, and be prepared for a very slow movie. What made it all the worse is the whole movie ends up essentially being a pointless story that certainly didn't need telling if you ask me. There's not really much else I have to say about it to write a whole review. I think they should've left the trilogy alone, it was a great way to end it, and this was just milking the franchise and brand name for a story that really has nothing to do with Bourne. But maybe you'll find something to it I didn't. I think Renner gave a solid performance though, and was probably the best thing about it. Good to see he can pull off a lead since I had my doubts.

Well, this kinda sucks. I am not happy with what they are doing.

If people are just going for action they're gonna be in for a massive disappointment. There is a nice action scene thrown in, but you have to make it through the first 2 hours without falling asleep to get there.

Blah.... Bourne Trilogy had some thoughtful moments and a plot that isn't paper thin but it managed to do it at a breakneck pace with action throughout the entire movie. That's how it should be. I hope I'm surprised by this.

Blah.... Bourne Trilogy had some thoughtful moments and a plot that isn't paper thin but it managed to do it at a breakneck pace with action throughout the entire movie. That's how it should be. I hope I'm surprised by this.

Minor spoilers here but:

There really are only 2 action scenes in the movie, and the one that happens around midway through isn't very notable. The one at the end is pretty good and long but like I said it comes nearly 2 hours into the movie. And this movie's plot is a lot thinner than the first three as well, imo.

Minor spoilers here but:

There really are only 2 action scenes in the movie, and the one that happens around midway through isn't very notable. The one at the end is pretty good and long but like I said it comes nearly 2 hours into the movie. And this movie's plot is a lot thinner than the first three as well, imo.

Yeah, so, another case of misleading trailers? They've basically jammed every action scene into it? That's disappointing.

Minor spoilers here but:

From what I have read, the story is pretty much the same as The Bourne Identity, and they just changed some stuff, like

pills instead of amnesia

Edited by CJohn

Minor spoilers here but:

well I think that can explain part of the reason for why it dropped from 8.1 to 7.8 in 4-5 days