CJohn

Weekend (8/10-12/12) Estimates: Bourne Legacy 40.3M; Campaign 27.4M; Hope Springs 15.6M

Well I'm about to go and see it tonight.I'll be back.edit:On second thought I'm kind of sleepy. I better wait until tomorrow during a matinee. I'd be pissed if I fell asleep in the movies.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 3

From what I have read, the sotry is pretty much the same as The Bourne Identity, and they just changed some stuff, like

pills instead of amnesia

Yeah there are similarities between the two. Identity has a much more rich and developed plot though. Basically this movie's about

Cross (Renner) wanting to get off of his dependency on these meds he's taking that genetically enhanced him as part of a black ops group for the CIA like Bourne was part of. Meanwhile the CIA is eliminating all of their groups like that after the Bourne incident so Cross is on the run from them.

Edited by MovieMan89

Bad critic reviews don't necessarily translate to bad word of mouth (regarding Bourne)

Early Twitter WOM was arguably worse than the critical reception so far. Early Twitter WOM is usually strong even on bad movies, but with this one it was a lot of negativity...especially since many of those screenings were cost-free.

Early Twitter WOM was arguably worse than the critical reception so far. Early Twitter WOM is usually strong even on bad movies, but with this one it was a lot of negativity...especially since many of those screenings were cost-free.

Yeah it's weird. Lots of negativity but still will open with 45m, lol. No wonder Universal wanted to continue with it. LOL "We don't need Bourne".

I wonder what this puppy could've done this weekend with Damon still starring? $70m?

I'm thinking more. Ultimatum 69m unadjusted opening. Probably where fast five opened if it got decent reviews.

Well I'm about to go and see it tonight.I'll be back.edit:On second thought I'm kind of sleepy. I better wait until tomorrow during a matinee. I'd be pissed if I fell asleep in the movies.

DO NOT see Bourne Legacy if you're sleepy! Seriously, that should've been the tagline. :P Edited by MovieMan89

I wonder what this puppy could've done this weekend with Damon still starring? $70m?

The mere presence of his picture propelled this movie to 45 million. Avengers should have felt threatened if Damon was physically in it. Edited by MrPink

Yeah it's weird. Lots of negativity but still will open with 45m, lol. No wonder Universal wanted to continue with it. LOL "We don't need Bourne".

I think the Olympics helped them a lot. They had a bunch of NBC networks running constant ads for the film. How much you wanna bet NBC wasn't charging their sister company a dime to run those ads? Big advantage for the film.

:rofl::(

LMAO I'm serious. I'm notorious for falling asleep in the movies if I'm bored. It will come on all of a sudden. I couldn't believe I fell asleep in POTC OST last year. I did wake up though before the movie was over.
  • Like 1

I think the Olympics helped them a lot. They had a bunch of NBC networks running constant ads for the film. How much you wanna bet NBC wasn't charging their sister company a dime to run those ads? Big advantage for the film.

Well they did say that was one of the reasons they moved it back to take advantage of the platform.

The mere presence of his picture propelled this movie to 45 million. Avengers should have felt threatened if Damon was physically in it.

Damon confirmed as the voice of Rocket Raccoon

Can/do they really do that?

NBC is always so desperate for ratings/cash I'm surprised if they'd give anything for free especially with how much they must be able to charge for adspace in the Olympics.

LMAO I'm serious. I'm notorious for falling asleep in the movies if I'm bored. It will come on all of a sudden. I couldn't believe I fell asleep in POTC OST last year. I did wake up though before the movie was over.

POTC4 is boring as hell. Not surprised you fell asleep during it. I watched it on the Starz movie channel recently and was surfing the Internet while watching it. The film never interested me enough to actually focus too much on it.

Damon confirmed as the voice of Rocket Raccoon

Maybe Damon should play Hawkeye, as some guy named 'Aaron Barton.' SHIELD will have never seen any evaluations like him. He's basically SHIELD without the inconsistency (notably not susceptible to turning evil with a tap to the chest).

His ridiculous accuracy will be due to his dependency on crazy chems.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1