druv10

The Big Bang Theory

Today, my mind was blown.My grandfather walks out to check how much Petrol he has in his car. Walks back inside and goes "Robert, I should have enough petrol shouldn't I?" I joke around and say, "I dunno, you're the one who went and checked, not me!"Then he proceeds to say, "Well Sheldon from Big Bang Theory would know, so why don't you?"WHAT THE HELL?!?! I don't know what to be shocked at!The fact that my grandfather thinks I'm that smart or the fact that my 89yo grandfather knows what Big Bang Theory is, and can actually reference a character!!!!

• Community Manager

The fact that my grandfather thinks I'm that smart or the fact that my 89yo grandfather knows what Big Bang Theory is, and can actually reference a character!!!!

That's when you know a show has managed to become a fixture of our pop culture.

• Like 2

A lot of repeats in the show.

Sheldon and Leonard already tried to get students interested in science.

Penny has already visited Disneyland in the show.

Radj already was on a date, where the participants could not speak with each other the normal way.

The underage girl joke was also recycled.

Kissing SnowWhite is certainly not Sheldon's phantasy. Maybe Amy should have dressed as Majel Barrett-Roddenberry

Nevertheless BBT is still funny "Girls you can become whatever you want, unless it is Cinderella"

Today, my mind was blown.My grandfather walks out to check how much Petrol he has in his car. Walks back inside and goes "Robert, I should have enough petrol shouldn't I?" I joke around and say, "I dunno, you're the one who went and checked, not me!"Then he proceeds to say, "Well Sheldon from Big Bang Theory would know, so why don't you?"WHAT THE HELL?!?!I don't know what to be shocked at!The fact that my grandfather thinks I'm that smart or the fact that my 89yo grandfather knows what Big Bang Theory is, and can actually reference a character!!!!

I don't get your grandfather: Sheldon can't drive nor can he "perform diagnostics" on a car, but he "understands the role of fuel in an internal conbustion engine". So comparing someone to Sheldon in that context is not a complement.Surely BBT has become part of popular culture and has also helped to raise Star Trek's place there. Edited by Rudolf

A lot of people make Big Bang Jokes.

I can be known for not really expressing emotion so I give akward hugs to friends and such.

So people joke around  just get a "sheldon hug" from me.

Sheldon hug is a pat on the shoulder and a "there there..."

lol

• Like 1

Sheldon suddenly can keep secrets? He always understood that it is bad behaviour to give them away, but now he has that under control. He sometimes understands that there are social conventions of things that you don't say. There are people who delight in saying such things anyway, but with him it is pathologic. 

This time the authors had Penny make fun of her own ignorance to understand what the others (Sheldon in particular) are saying. If I imagine in reality a group of 6 scientists and a waitress/actress, I guess Penny would not be able to follow a conversation of the others 50% of the time. They should show such situations more often. Could be funny with Sheldon explaining non trivial things (but most of us would understand) in his quirky way.

I'm pretty sure they have done that before with penny not being able to follow what is going on. As for the show I'm starting to not like it and I think it's run it's course. But with the ratings it gets its not ending anytime soon.

yes they have done it before, but mostly in a context where Penny does not know things, Sheldon mentions, which an average person would not know either. Leonard once put her down (stupidly) by telling that she did not know that Cold Wars were not only fought in Winter and could not spell Asthma. Penny's simplicity most shined through when she thought she would get a good grade from a black teacher, because she wrote that slavery was bad.

I still like the show, although the quality varies. At the moment they do not seem to have a good idea, where the group is going to.

Why not have Penny's carreer as an actress start off? That could seperate her from the others. Amy could do outrageous things to force the friendship with her. Leonard would have to rescue her. She would have regrets and include him and Sheldon into her new surroundings, where Sheldon's queernes is misunderstood as cool eccentricity. Penny is to star in a comic movie and Leonard,Sheldon,Howard and Raj could "help" the film crew with their work.

I am not an expert, but what Amy did with Sheldon was pure torture. Would a true therapy not try to substitute the missing closures with something Sheldon would like or could at least tolerate. The end with Sheldon saying I love you too to Penny enjoying his orgasm was really funny.

The rest of th episode was just 3 different stories with no connection whatsoever. Could have been made better.

Bob Newhart! Awesome. :D

I read that he insisted on a live studio audience for his episode, as it gives a more authentic response. His one worry was that they wouldn't know who he was, but when he was introduced the audience cheered.

A living legend.

Edited by Incarnadine
  • Like 1