filmnerdjamie

Wednesday (8/22/12) Numbers

The #1 movie this weekend could be as low as $11.5m or so. :o Think Like a Man was the lowest grossing #1 movie of the weekend of the year so far with $17m. Every other weekend this year has had at least 1 movie over $20m.

Wrong. The Grey was number 1 with an under 20M OW. :P

$1.3 million (before P&A), according to Bradley Cooper at least.As long as Open Road didn't go crazy on the marketing costs -- and they clearly didn't -- the film should still be able to make its money back even in a worst case scenario. But Gitesh is right, that theater count was at least 500 theaters too wide for this kind of movie during this time of year.

Thanks for the info.

• Founder / Operator

Thanks for the info.

No prob. For what its worth though, LA Times is reporting a slightly higher production budget of $2 million -- and a marketing cost of $20 million. That, frankly, shocks me. But they're a reputable source.

Agreed. Just watch... that Indy IMAX release will somehow make the difference between passing and not passing Shrek 2. :rolleyes:

Indy will be a very limited release. By then TDKR should have grossed $430M after labor day weekend.

I was a bit too optimistic with the Wednesday numbers, didn't calculate such a slow late business in Canada. I guess it's understandable after the huge Tuesday jumps there. Was hoping sub 20% for TDKR, but it's still a decent drop.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

I was a bit too optimistic with the Wednesday numbers, didn't calculate such a slow late business in Canada. I guess it's understandable after the huge Tuesday jumps there. Was hoping sub 20% for TDKR, but it's still a decent drop.

What are we looking at for tomorrow?

Still 5-7% of theatres about to count. TE2 is crawling over 1.9m, Canadians seems to dig that film, it's doing better holds every day than in the US. Might hit 2m if the late showings were packed. It's not a bad number. Might be around a 9% drop after all. Hit and Run is down 9%. It might be a weekend movie, but at this point it is likely to miss out on the top 10. TDKR is close to stay flat on Thursday.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 1

TE2 is crawling over 1.9m, it's not a bad number. Hit and Run is down 9%. It might be a weekend movie, but at this point it is likely to miss out on the top 10. TDKR is close to stay flat on Thursday.

Thank you much. Do you happen to see any midnight numbers for pr or apparition? I'd assume both were small