12 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This is the kind of film that was very unfairly overlooked. In one word, it is brilliant. The cast is excellent, the direction by Tony Scott is masterful and the script is top notch. My second fave Scott film after Man of Fire.9/10

• Like 1

Brilliant film. Very High Tension. And while you are obviously rooting for Denzel, you certainly feel sympathy for Hackman's viewpoint as well which makes for great drama.

A

Edit - Also one of my favourite 'main titles' from Hanz Zimmer and a great OST overall.

Edited by Spottswoode
  • Like 1

I think he was also responsible for the Lipizzaner Stallions speech while the two men are sitting around waiting for the message to appear.

Really?  That seems a little too esoteric for Tarantino, I had no idea he was a horse enthusiast.

Loved it. Tony Scott was an ideal choice for these kinds of movies since no one can do tension as well as he could and this one is one of his best. Denzel and Hackman play great off each other and let's not forget that this is a movie featuring this, one of the greatest lines in cinema history: "I don't know about you but I'm pissing my pants!" :rofl:

9/10

• Like 1

Surprised I didn't do a review of this already, but I can rectify that now.

I really like this movie.  It has two of my favorite actors going at it and in a great "twist", they are actually both in the right...and both wrong (like the movie says at the inquiry).  During parts of the film, I was saying that Hackman is 100% correct, then Denzel points were dead on too.  It was really well done.

I like that take on the film because it shows basically the old school vs the new school and the dangers of people having to make a decision that can basically end the world.

Plus I love the end where both guys realize that the other was right, but they don't really say it out loud to each other.  Another nice touch.

A

• Like 2