Noctis

The Matrix VS Inception

Matrix VS Inception  

58 members have voted

1. 1. The Matrix VS Inception

• The Matrix
    • Inception

:sick: arrogance level 1000

Inception has much better box office (even adjusted) and legs: 290 million in 2009 is so much better than 170 million in 1990, same with legs. Better reviews with critics and users at RT and IMDB respectively. Whats matrix have? the famous bullet time effect?

it really was a global sensation within the film world. Wasn't inception too? 532 FREAKING MILLION to a original sci-fi is damn hard.

First of all The Matrix adjusts to 260mill, not exactly that far behind Inception.

It also came out in March, not July.

It had a budget of 60 mill, not 160 mill

It was directed by no names The Wachowski's, not Nolan

It had a 6.3 multiplier, not a 4.7 like Inception

It made 293 million internationally when once again, it was just another film without the pedigree of a Nolan film.

Having said all of that, I have no idea why box office has anything to do with this. If we're talking box office then here are the films that are more influential and better than Inception:

Ice Age 4

Tranformers 2

Revenge of the Sith

Finding Nemo

FOTR

Potter's Chamber of Secrets

Ice Age 3

Spiderman 3

Goblet of Fire

Jurassic Park

Shrek 2

Two Towers

Half Blood Prince

Order of the Phoenix

The Lion King

DH1

AWE

Potter 1

TDK

Alice in Wonderland

TPM

TDKR

OST

Toy Story 3

Transformers 3

DH2

Avengers

Titanic

So try to find a better argument than box office next time. :)

The Matrix is better and has had more influence on film, imo, than any film in the last 35 years than maybe SW and Pulp Fiction.

Edited by Expendable baumer
  • Like 2

All I ever hear is the talk about Nolanites acting like assholes, but this thread has none of that. People who have defended Inception have presented legitimate arguments for the most part and so have pro Matrix folks but Matrix guys have also been pretentious dicks through and through. Posts like Inception voters being idiots are rampant and saying Inception is superior in any department is apparently laughable now. These are the same folks who talk crap about Nolan lovers, but have been acting so snobbish themselves.Go back and read through this thread (was my first time stumbling upon this thread today) and I'm amazed at how pompous people have been on this topic. So many of you act as if The Matrix is being compared to that Oogie movie or something. Get over it.

Yeah, the arrogance and douchebaggery in this thread has been pretty amazing. Kind of amusing that it's not coming from the so-called Nolanites.
  • Like 2

First of all The Matrix adjusts to 260mill, not exactly that far behind Inception. It also came out in March, not July.It had a budget of 60 mill, not 160 millIt was directed by no names The Wachowski's, not NolanIt had a 6.3 multiplier, not a 4.7 like InceptionIt made 293 million internationally when once again, it was just another film without the pedigree of a Nolan film.The Matrix is better and has had more influence on film, imo, than any film in the last 35 years than maybe SW and Pulp Fiction.

The Matrix is also Rated R, which makes it infinitely more impressive IMO Inception's BO. The R-rating drastically cuts down a films potential at the Box Office.
  • Like 3

Yeah, the arrogance and douchebaggery in this thread has been pretty amazing. Kind of amusing that it's not coming from the so-called Nolanites.

Yup. I was also getting ready to read Inception being defended like it was the holy grail of all of film and get super annoyed, but it's been the Matrix team that's acted like asses.

BTW I realized today how much Matrix references Platon's Allegory of the Cave. In that metaphor, as most of ya'll know, a bunch of people had been chained in a cave for their whole lives and forced to look at the shadows bouncing on the wall they are faced towards. One is set free for some reason, and I lead outside the cave and with burning eyes he sees the real world for the first time.Matrix did the exact same thing, with Neo waking from up the matrix in the covered with jelly, chained to the pod with tubes sticking out his ass and his nipples. He rips himself free and is picked up by Morpheus and his buddies to see the real world. Clever

Edited by Jack Nevada

First of all The Matrix adjusts to 260mill, not exactly that far behind Inception. still behind 35 million

It also came out in March, not July.

Titanic

Hunger Games

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

none of them are sequels, none of them came in july...

It had a budget of 60 mill, not 160 mill, ???

It was directed by no names The Wachowski's, not Nolan Only nerds know who is Christopher Nolan.

It had a 6.3 multiplier, not a 4.7 like Inception, 4.7 is so much better in 2009 than 6.3 in 1999, with all piracy and other stuffs.

It made 293 million internationally when once again, it was just another film without the pedigree of a Nolan film. OK, everybody is a movie geek now and know who is Christopher Nolan

Having said all of that, I have no idea why box office has anything to do with this. If we're talking box office then here are the films that are more influential and better than Inception:

Ice Age 4

Tranformers 2

Revenge of the Sith

Finding Nemo

FOTR

Potter's Chamber of Secrets

Ice Age 3

Spiderman 3

Goblet of Fire

Jurassic Park

Shrek 2

Two Towers

Half Blood Prince

Order of the Phoenix

The Lion King

DH1

AWE

Potter 1

TDK

Alice in Wonderland

TPM

TDKR

OST

Toy Story 3

Transformers 3

DH2

Avengers

Titanic

WE ARE COMPARING SIMILAR MOVIES, not animations and not sequels or prequels to big franchises.

So try to find a better argument than box office next time. :)

The Matrix is better and has had more influence on film, imo, than any film in the last 35 years than maybe SW and Pulp Fiction. what about the higher average rating at IMDB and Rotten tomatoes?

Edited by Goffeweenie

Amusing to see Baumer spinning Inception as if it was a sure fire hit just based on name brand or whatever. You're the guy who had a flop club set up for the film at BOM. I joined that club because I thought the film would be too weird for audiences. We were both wrong. But no need to gloss over it and act like the film was always going to be a huge hit. There was plenty of uncertainty about it, and there was even a lot of snickering in the industry about how it would be a huge flop because of what WB spent on it.

• Like 1

Amusing to see Baumer spinning Inception as if it was a sure fire hit just based on name brand or whatever. You're the guy who had a flop club set up for the film at BOM. I joined that club because I thought the film would be too weird for audiences. We were both wrong. But no need to gloss over it and act like the film was always going to be a huge hit. There was plenty of uncertainty about it, and there was even a lot of snickering in the industry about how it would be a huge flop because of what WB spent on it.

Buddy, I don't hate Inception. I think it's brilliant and I own it and watch it every now and then. But my response was to Goffe's reference that box office means one os better than the other.

baumer, you're one of my favorite members, no doubt, but you're being outright ludicrous.We're comparing Inception and Matrix because they're both huge science-fiction films that have somewhat similar concepts. So why bring up all those other films that did bigger business than Inception? Most of those are sequels to huge films that were based on already existing properties. Also, why do you keep liking posts from Algren? You love Inception, yet you like the post where he calls anyone who votes for Inception an idiot? You're kind of calling yourself an idiot even if you voted for Matrix.

• Like 1

baumer, you're one of my favorite members, no doubt, but you're being outright ludicrous.We're comparing Inception and Matrix because they're both huge science-fiction films that have somewhat similar concepts. So why bring up all those other films that did bigger business than Inception? Most of those are sequels to huge films that were based on already existing properties. Also, why do you keep liking posts from Algren? You love Inception, yet you like the post where he calls anyone who votes for Inception an idiot? You're kind of calling yourself an idiot even if you voted for Matrix.

I've already explained this.I brought up the box office because Goffe did. I don't think box office has anything to do with which film is more important or more liked. I liked all of Algren's post except the idiot part, and I explained that in a post a few down from that one.

Its really refreshing to see the Nolanites lose on their own turf(the internet) for once. They are the most obnoxious fanbase ever. Anyways:

Posted Image

I'm pulling out the big guns for this!

• Like 1

People criticize Keanu's acting in Matrix, but Leo wasn't doing a fabulous job in Inception either. Actually IMO none of his performance in recent years was good, as he falled too deep in love with his over-the-top frown acting. I do believe he "learned" that from Robert De Niro, as Robert started to have that problem in his later career too.

Edited by vc2002

People criticize Keanu's acting in Matrix, but Leo wasn't doing a fabulous job in Inception either. Actually IMO none of his performance in recent years was good, as he falled too deep in love with his over-the-top frown acting. I do believe he "learned" that from Robert De Niro, as Robert started to have that problem in his later career too.

Leo's acting in inception >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Keanu's acting in matrix

Its really refreshing to see the Nolanites lose on their own turf(the internet) for once. They are the most obnoxious fanbase ever. Anyways:

Posted Image

I'm pulling out the big guns for this!

Yet you cant even answer a simple question like 'do you know what a straw argument is'.

You may be pulling out the big guns for this, but mate, you are certainly firing blanks.

Yet you cant even answer a simple question like 'do you know what a straw argument is'.You may be pulling out the big guns for this, but mate, you are certainly firing blanks.

I can't answer because I didn't respond? Thats a new one. I'll respond to something you say when it has merit.