CJohn

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter | 1/27/17 | Trailer on Page 10

5 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Sony looking at that China gross...

Not so final now, am I right? LMAO

Green lighting a sequel off china would be pointless. First off they sold the rights, so Sony only got 7.5m form china. Even if they don't sell the rights next time and the movies a hit at most they will only receive in 35-40m form china. 

I don't think the same team wants to come back. they are done. The story is done. They will reboot in 5 years (probably less) smaller scale more a horror movie. 

• Like 1

On 15/03/2017 at 4:36 AM, Jay Hollywood said:

Green lighting a sequel off china would be pointless. First off they sold the rights, so Sony only got 7.5m form china. Even if they don't sell the rights next time and the movies a hit at most they will only receive in 35-40m form china. 

I don't think the same team wants to come back. they are done. The story is done. They will reboot in 5 years (probably less) smaller scale more a horror movie. 

Yeah, they wrote themselves into a corner with the whole "end of the world" setting. They have nowhere to go now, regarding plot.

They could easily have made 2 movies between Apocalypse and Extinction.  The jump from Apocalypse to Extinction was what damaged the series. I still love the movies, but the plot could have been so much better. 

Well, it was a good ride and the movies were hits, so there's that. Nobody is sad. Milla and Paul will probably do another movie ( it seems Monster Hunter is the next IP to be directed by Anderson ).

At least there's a new RE CGI movie coming soon.