Jack Nevada

Best movies for halloween

Mwhahahahaha! Halloween is getting near (except for most finns because there's no halloween culture in finland) and whats better than getting into the season of terror by watching fun, spooky movies.What movies do you watch every halloween, and why? Here are a few of my favoritesRocky Horror Picture Show- a great homage to classic horror films, and a fun musicalHocus Pocus- this is just such a nice, entertaining film that captures the feel of halloween brilliantlyHalloween- well, duh. Its scary as hell and gets you into the halloween spiritOther good movies for halloweenMonster SquadLittle Shop of Horrors (1986)The Lost Skeleton of CadavraThe Nighrmare Before Christmas

• Like 1

i was also going to say "hocus pocus" !!!! loli found that movie mesmerizing the witches are great in it, good storytelling all around ( i was young when i saw it and it still holds up well all these years later,sarah jessica parker hadnt undergone her 5th avenue trendy makeover into a fashionista with sex and the cityalso the nightmare before xmas or as my nephew calls it "jack"i guess harry potter could work for kids too and monster house(which i found pretty dark for kids)and of course the addams family best halloween comedy if you ask me,i love that they try to kill uncle fester all the time or they go outside to play at digging up relatives graves as a pastime!

Edited by ladyevenstar22

One that I really enjoy is the spooktacular Disney-classic, Ichabod Crane. Its a masterpiece, and fits halloween perfectly

Agreed. I was so happy when I finally found the dvd in a store so many years ago. It is a definite watch for me.But since I watch a Halloween movie every night for the whole month, there are plenty to watch. Just to add a couple more, even though they are more children's shows, I still watch the Garfield Halloween special and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. They are classics and I have watched them every year.

The Vow

The Notebook

Goodfellas

Secret Admirer

Erin Brockovich

Saving Private Ryan

lol those are some odd halloween movies

Tha reminds me, I need to watch Fright Night, the Colin Farrell one that is.

Dont bother, its mediocre and awfully boring

I'm in the middle of my horror binge this month. Every October I try to watch one horror movie a night up until Halloween. I haven't been able to do it every night but so far I have watched this month:The DescentThe Fly (Cronenberg)Zombie 2 (Fulci)Friday the 13th (1980), 2, 3, 8Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974I'll keep you posted. Tonight I think I will watch Pumpkinhead.

• Like 1

I'm in the middle of my horror binge this month. Every October I try to watch one horror movie a night up until Halloween. I haven't been able to do it every night but so far I have watched this month:The DescentThe Fly (Cronenberg)Zombie 2 (Fulci)Friday the 13th (1980), 2, 3, 8Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974I'll keep you posted. Tonight I think I will watch Pumpkinhead.

Have you seen Monster Squad? Its an awesome movie. What about the original Fright Night?

Yeah some of those will be part of my 31 nights of Halloween movies. Pumpkinhead is a nice little movie I enjoy as well :)
  • Like 1