Impact

CAYOM Year 5 Discussion

Yeah, instead Anil and Keifer playing the same character, I was going to change it so Anil trusts Matt Damon, but doesn't know about Tom Cruise, so he sends his bodyguard, played by Keifer Sutherland, to have a fight with him. Would've been awesome to watch, not much substance though. :lol:Still wish I could've added it, but not much I can do now. :(

I thought the opening of Ueka's film was supposed to be historically accurate....is it a fantasy epic?

Whether or not a person named Jesus, a Jewish religious figure who the Romans crucified around 30 CE, actually existed is a legitimate historical question with some scattered scraps of evidence beyond the Bible.If he had said Jesus was crucifed than reanimated to smite Romans with fireballs from his ass, then you might have a legitimate grievance. Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

Actually we know for fact that he didn't exist. There are no mention of such figure in any Roman historical description. The Bible was written 300 years after, it's a good book with lot of nice metaphors, but you can't justify events as real that have only one source and that is written 300 years after the actual happenings.

Actually we know for fact that he didn't exist. There are no mention of such figure in any Roman historical description. The Bible was written 300 years after, it's a good book with lot of nice metaphors, but you can't justify events as real that have only one source and that is written 300 years after the actual happenings.

http://en.wikipedia....ricity_of_Jesus

A number of ancient non-Christian documents, such as Jewish and Greco-Roman sources, have been used in historical analyses of the existence of Jesus.[34] These include the works of 1st century Roman historians Josephus and Tacitus. Josephus scholar Louis H. Feldman has stated that "few have doubted the genuineness" of Josephus' reference to Jesus in Antiquities 20, 9, 1 and it is only disputed by a small number of scholars. Bart D. Ehrman states that the existence of Jesus and his crucifixion by the Romans is attested to by a wide range of sources, including Josephus and Tacitus.

Incorrect. Edited by 4815162342

None of those documents refer to him Jesus as the Bible describes him. Surely there were people with that name, but there are absolutely no mention of any preaching or godly activities that the Bible give him credit for.

And I don't claim they do. What I claim is that there is historical evidence that a man called Jesus existed, was a religious figure of some sort, and was crucified. Definitive evidence? No, but still evidence. As someone who isn't Christian, I obviously don't attribute anything further to him, but that's not the same as totally denying the existence of a human being.The one-line reference to Jesus in Dawn of Oblivion's opening doesn't amount to fantasy, but is a depiction of what is likely an actual historical event. If the opening showed Jesus committing one of his "miracles" then I would join Hunch in calling BS. Edited by 4815162342

I don't think they mention him being cruicified, not that I know of. I might be wrong. I studied Roman history and that never came up. He certainly wasn't a leader figure as he was mentioned only briefly, certainly not the important figure others claim. We're going a bit off topc now lol What do you think of Marty's Last Temptation?

• Community Manager

Please don't debate religion in this thread. As a Christian, I don't go around trying to convert you and I find it really annoying to have to read a CAYOM thread only to have an atheist (I assume) claim that my religious figure didn't exist with absolute certainty.

• Like 1

Right... I do have a suggestion for this game. To make things easier for Part 3 and Part 2 (Actuals & Predictions), I suggest a thread that will contain all reviews for every movie.People who review can keep their thread and make reviews there, but there should be a thread that has:eg; Movie name-Review : x/x (Name) and maybe a link to that post...Would be very useful for Actuals (as reviews affect Box office directly) and Predictions (people can predict based on reviews, too)

Please don't debate religion in this thread. As a Christian, I don't go around trying to convert you and I find it really annoying to have to read a CAYOM thread only to have an atheist (I assume) claim that my religious figure didn't exist with absolute certainty.

Religion will always pop up somewhere on forums, sad but true :(

Sorry folks, I didn't meant to hijack the topic. However we weren't talking about religion. That is a form of belief and in a way it's irrelevant whether it's based on real events or not as long as it has the right morals behind it IMO. We were discussing historical facts.Anyhow it will be interesting to see how the big box office battle pans out in December.

Edited by Alfred Unchained