A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

1 minute ago, Menor said:

I think it will settle around 8.9, and while that won't cause a breakout here in China it is a good/decent sign for WOM in the rest of the world.

Yea I’m sure it’ll drop a bit. Douban is down to 7.6 now, same as Aquaman. Will probably drop a tad more.

So it doesn’t appear that this will have amazing WOM but it does seem to be decent to good, which should be well enough for $1.5b or more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

I think it will settle around 8.9, and while that won't cause a breakout here in China it is a good/decent sign for WOM in the rest of the world.

agreed , as for china if  mayoan keeps going up then thats good, if not and remains at 9 still should give the movie good legs

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Yea I’m sure it’ll drop a bit. Douban is down to 7.6 now, same as Aquaman. Will probably drop a tad more.

So it doesn’t appear that this will have amazing WOM but it does seem to be decent to good, which should be well enough for $1.5b or more. 

call me rude, but while the scores is good and i dont think that wom will be fantastic, i would say that there will probably be a gap with movies receptions compare to the rest of the world, for example from what i have see and hear, one problem is that the movie doesnt have that much action, which i dont think that it will be a problem for dom or os

ps my point is that bc here it doesnt have very very good reception, it has just good, that doesnt mean that the rest markets will think the same

Edited by john2000

1 minute ago, scabab said:

So is it $13 million or $19 million?

And how does it compare to Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin?

$13m at 20:30

$19m including presales of upcoming days

Aladdin OD: $4.1m

BatB OD: $12.5m

Jungle Book OD: $11.6m

For all of them I am using current exchange rates.

31 minutes ago, scabab said:

So is it $13 million or $19 million?

And how does it compare to Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin?

$13.2m is what it’s made today and with midnights. I was counting that plus the rest of the presales for Sat-Tues.

8 minutes ago, john2000 said:

the wom is good enough that with a good weekend it can hit 150+ plus, however too early too tell

A 3+ multiplier in China will require a flat sunday at minimum. I doubt that

TLK is not a franchise in China like US. its just a movie..

IMO 

Just now, fmpro said:

A 3+ multiplier in China will require a flat sunday at minimum. I doubt that

TLK is not a franchise in China like US. its just a movie..

IMO 

again like i said , its too early too tell, i only said that it can happen, not that it will of course

6 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Just give it a dozen years, maybe MCU will have peaked ;) 

That's what I fear too... It's not even that I'm a MCU-hater who dislikes all the movies, I really like some of them. But I don't like how big the whole MCU is, it's just as owerpowered as Cap Marvel :P

(But seeing that this opposed to F&F is so divisive, is quite funny :D though I would consider the MCU as better than F&F too)

However, there have been enough wars about that and at last there can be talk about an other movie (--> TLK) so that one should be discussed

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

again like i said , its too early too tell, i only said that it can happen, not that it will of course

Anything can happen. But its highly unlikely IMO 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

disagree but respect that, we will see by next weekend i guess, anyway 

ps what are we looking for spiderman this weekend ?

It will show much earlier than next weekend

50-60 mill i guess. I havent done much looking at its numbers

• Like 1