A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Hunger Games isn't that kind of blockbuster that can earn a good amount of money especially in China ,as it has neither eye-popping visuals nor delicate plots.

Breakup Buddies is a comedy movie.It delivers enough laughing elements to audience, therefore it doesn't need to give as delicate plot as Bourne does.

People go to movies to rest to have fun. Unfortunately, Hunger Games franchise fails to  entertain Chinese audience.

I guess we will find out.

Mockingjay has more competitions than CF.

CF vs. Gravity last year.

But Mockingjay will fight against Interstellar, Penguins and Fury.

I'm afraid the distributor may move it to next year.

They don't have too much to lose doing that. Would be a test for decide Mockingjay part 2 date. But I do not think it would make "much more" in January. If it makes 30M in November, it would do 32M in January, IMO. It's a pity. This franchise is great. Hopefully the visit of the cast in china helps give the boost that the franchise deserves.

They don't have too much to lose doing that. Would be a test for decide Mockingjay part 2 date. But I do not think it would make "much more" in January. If it makes 30M in November, it would do 32M in January, IMO. It's a pity. This franchise is great. Hopefully the visit of the cast in china helps give the boost that the franchise deserves.

The visit has been cancelled.

Its run was extended for 5 days, it had no showtimes on Tuesday.

I think they (the distributor?) shouldn't have ended Breakup Buddies' run so soon.  It could still add another few million yuan (10-15?) to its total box office it they kept in in theaters a bit longer.

I think they (the distributor?) shouldn't have ended Breakup Buddies' run so soon.  It could still add another few million yuan (10-15?) to its total box office it they kept in in theaters a bit longer.

The final result already far exceeded their expectation, maybe they don't care any more.

I don't think 300M is too difficult for KFP3. Because it will have a great release date.

Yearly box office reached 25B yuan by Monday, will be easy to hit 30B since we'll going into a record breaking November and December.

TMNT Monday was overestimated, only 18.9M yuan, total 182M/ $29.6M

• Like 3

Keep in mind that KFP3 comes out in 2016. So it doing only $200m would be considered underforming, since $200m will barely get it into 2016 yearly top 10. For instance, when North America box office firstly cracked $8B in 2001, the year top 10 movie did $180m. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2001&p=.htm

For 2014, the top 10 benchmark is already at $113m (Apes 2). It was $78m in 2013.

KFP3 is a top 3 movie in 2016's China, if not a contender for the champion. So, why not $300m or even more. In fact, I think Panda 3 would fly past $300m, especially with possible Spring holiday boost.

• Like 6

I don't think 300M is too difficult for KFP3. Because it will have a great release date.

Yearly box office reached 25B yuan by Monday, will be easy to hit 30B since we'll going into a record breaking November and December.

TMNT Monday was overestimated, only 18.9M yuan, total 182M/ $29.6M

Keep in mind that KFP3 comes out in 2016. So it doing only $200m would be considered underforming, since $200m will barely get it into 2016 yearly top 10. For instance, when North America box office firstly cracked $8B in 2001, the year top 10 movie did $180m. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2001&p=.htm

For 2014, the top 10 benchmark is already at $113m (Apes 2). It was $78m in 2013.

KFP3 is a top 3 movie in 2016's China, if not a contender for the champion. So, why not $300m or even more. In fact, I think Panda 3 would fly past $300m, especially with possible Spring holiday boost.

It is crazy to think how much will Chinese BO can grow. Sometimes it is difficult to know what can make a movie. You have to look at the year it will be released more than to the movie itself. To make today 100 million $ is a big number and within 5 years it will be anecdotical.

• Like 1