A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

3 hours ago, The Good Olive said:

Top3's per screening attendance is way higher than KFP3, so it won't get screens from them,

but Mr Nian flopped, which could lose screens to KFP3.

What kind of screens does Mr. Nian have? 3rd? 4th biggest screens? I assume the top 2/3 belong to Mermaid/Monkey King 2/From Vegas to Macau 3.

looking at maoyan its gaining some screens at the expense of Nian. But Top 3 has 87% of screens. I think that might go up a point or 2 as well.

Looking at releases ahead I see dozen releases in next 2 weeks. I think even the Top 3 that wont have good WOM wont have long legs. KFP3 at most have 2 weeks. That too this week is the key. I see sub 900 finish.

2 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

KFP3 less than Star Wars?? Less than at least 1 B yuan which was locked even by most pessmisits? No TMK record breaking?

Wow.

Guess where the online pirated TS quality version is from? I DLed just to find out.

Total DLs and viewing of the pirated version from all torrents and websites is a few million by now.

54 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

On the bright side it has 4.8% screens tomorrow.

Win some lose some. Made a few thousand shorting oil last week. Down another 2% this morning. Glad I won that bet.

Good for you. Next time bet something bigger here. :P

BTW with the current KFP3 monday gross(high teens) where do you see it finish. Note there are 4 movies in Feb(http://m.cbooo.cn/Movie/ReleaseMovies) which seem to have good potential.

Edited by keysersoze123

my favourite Chou films:

1.the king of comedy

2.from Beijing with Love

3.a Chinese odessey 1&2

4.Shaolin soccer

5.Royal tramp 1&2

6.magnificent Scoundrels

7.forbidden city cop

8. kungfu hustle

9.out of the dark

10. god of cookery

all great comedies! 

this years CNY box office battle clearly proves star power: Stephen Chou > Chou yunfat + Aaron Kwok+Andy Lau +Gong Li +Xiao shenyang + Nick cheung + Jacky cheung + li yuchun +Feng Shaofeng +Kelly Chen… and Stephen Chou hasnt starred in Mermaid yet, and Mermaid is an original film that is not based on any known IP, unlike MK2 or Macao3.

its safe to say Stephen chou is the most influential movie star in Chinese society in the past 30 years (globally, Jackie Chan is the biggest Chinese star in past 30 years.)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, firedeep said:

my favourite Chou films:

1.the king of comedy

2.from Beijing with Love

3.a Chinese odessey 1&2

4.Shaolin soccer

5.Royal tramp 1&2

6.magnificent Scoundrels

7.forbidden city cop

8. kungfu hustle

9.out of the dark

10. god of cookery

all great comedies! 

this years CNY box office battle clearly proves star power: Stephen Chou > Chou yunfat + Aaron Kwok+Andy Lau +Gong Li +Xiao shenyang + Nick cheung + Jacky cheung + li yuchun +Feng Shaofeng +Kelly Chen… and Stephen Chou hasnt starred in Mermaid yet, and Mermaid is an original film that is not based on any known IP, unlike MK2 or Macao3.

its safe to say Stephen chou is the most influential movie star in Chinese society in the past 30 years (globally, Jackie Chan is the biggest Chinese star in past 30 years.)

It will be exciting to see how his collaboration with Tsui Hark will do next year, since Tsui Hark himself is a pretty big name too.

30 minutes ago, firedeep said:

If Journey to the West 2 came out this year, with that IP, it will kill Macau 3 and MK2... especially in the year of the monkey.

Monday est:

Mermaid 276M/281M, biggest single day for a local movie

Macau 3: 178M/184M

TMK2: 170M/172M

KFP3:20.3M/700M

Total daily reached 664M, nearly increased 300M from last year!

Edited by The Good Olive
  • Like 8