A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

its already at 65m+. Think it could get to 80m+ before end of day.

Could happen.... although I was referring to the post by efialtes76, which showed 57.92/94.72 = 38.85% drop. From 122M Sunday, that amounts to 74-75M Monday.

On 21/2/2016 at 2:35 PM, efialtes76 said:

Sunday 21:30

Mermaid:120.53M(-10.8%)

CTHD2:34.3M(-21.8%)

TMK2:30.91M(-6%)

Macau 3:20.98M(-8%)

KFP3:14.99(+7.6%)

Naruto:13.21M(-12.1%)

Monday 21:30

Mermaid:83.18M(-31.9%)

CHTD2:23.46M(-31,6%)

TMK2:23.28M(-24.7%)

Macau 3:17.11M(-18,5%)

KFP3:8.99M(-40%)

Naruto:7.19M(-45.6%)

Edited by efialtes76

KFP3 needs 74m for 1b. Should surely happen considering it's gonna play for what..30 days more? That's a daily average of just 2.5m.

If it gets 155-160m USD in China, KFP3's combined gross in US and China will touch 300m USD.

Edited by a2knet

1 hour ago, Fake said:

Mermaid should get ~55M today..... pretty good!

Hopefully it stays over 40M on Friday.

It should.

17 hours ago, sgchn40 said:

Looks like Friday is the earliest MM can hit 3 billion rmb now.

I hope Ip Man 3 can at least make 1 billion...

1B is a stretch... but the market needs a breakout for March.

Next week the workdays before IM3 hits will be very bad.

• Like 1

On Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 9:15 PM, Lihongkim said:

I remember summer last year no one expected Monster Hunt, JBM & TMK : Hero is Back to breakout (even never heard about TMK) . I won't say this will happen again in summer 2016. But many local blockbusters target summer this year.

True but still, so far no sign of another MH, JBM & TMK trio at all. I wont bet on LORD, Feng Shen and The Lost Tomb to save the summer. All three films are fanboy-driven, and terrible in quality guaranteed. I say they have one thing in common: big opening, dropping like a rock afterward. dont see any reach 1B.

Last summer was 12.5B, a number unlikely to be matched, unless ...(If SARFT wants to save the summer, they need to allow major HLW releases into the summer, at least 'give' August to HLW; but in that case, September will become shallow ...)

Cold War 2, etc should be good but action thrillers have limited potential.

Maybe 2016 would be lucky to reach 55B with a weak slate. But 2017 could jump to 90B, with so many Chinese audience friendly blockbusters. So dont panic (concluding hey the China market is slowing down) if 2016 turns out to have a modest increase over 2015. The yearly box office very much depends on the content of the year.

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, firedeep said:

True but still, so far no sign of another MH, JBM & TMK trio at all. I wont bet on LORD, Feng Shen and The Lost Tomb to save the summer. All three films are fanboy-driven, and terrible in quality guaranteed. I say they have one thing in common: big opening, dropping like a rock afterward. dont see any reach 1B.

Last summer was 12.5B, a number unlikely to be matched, unless ...(If SARFT wants to save the summer, they need to allow major HLW releases into the summer, at least 'give' August to HLW; but in that case, September will become shallow ...)

Cold War 2, etc should be good but action thrillers have limited potential.

Maybe 2016 would be lucky to reach 55B with a weak slate. But 2017 could jump to 90B, with so many Chinese audience friendly blockbusters. So dont panic (concluding hey the China market is slowing down) if 2016 turns out to have a modest increase over 2015. The yearly box office very much depends on the content of the year.

The Lost Tomb might be fan-driven but it's still a well-known book series (like Harry Potter in the West) and the director is not bad, he's directed some pretty good wuxia films in the past. I think the quality will be okay. It might do well. Jing Boran rose in popularity because of Monster Hunt and Luhan is still a popular teen idol. There's also the chance of some surprise breakout from a low-budget youth film. And then later on in the year there's Railroad Tigers.