A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

I could live with 40 mill 7day for TASM

I cant.Hoped for at least 50M opening for both.

what what what what?

Apparently, they all could do much much better than this.The Sarft ruined all on purpose.I am already losing my interest in tracking this bullshit China box office. Too much nonsense.

The fact they opened same day makes these openings pretty good. If they had their own release they no doubt would have opened hogher

Both could open easily 50% higher if separately released, like 50M yuan OD.

But now, TASM looks to finish under MIB3; TDKR under IA4. what a shame.

Edited by firedeep

My rough breakdown for the whole week:

TASM

Mon: 34M yuan -----

Tue: 38M yuan +12%

Wed: 30M -21%

Thu: 25M -17%

Fri: 38M yuan +52%

Sat: 55M yuan +45%

Sun: 40M yuan -27%

Full week: 260M yuan $41M

TDKR

Mon: 29M yuan -----

Tue: 35M yuan +20%

Wed: 26M -26%

Thu: 22M -15%

Fri: 35M yuan +59%

Sat: 53M yuan +52%

Sun: 39M yuan -26%

Full week: 239M yuan $38M

Give healthy 2.0 multiplier for both, TASM looks for $82M total, exactly the same as MIB3, TDKR for $76M total.

However, with PROM set Sep. 2 and TE2 officially dated Sep. 4, 1.8 multiplier should be more realistic. So, $74M cume for TASM and $68M.

Set on next Tuesday, TE2 will win next week. It should finish at $50M+.

Prometheus should do around $2.5M on Sunday opening and end around $20M.

What a tragedy lost for TDKR, TASM, TE2, PROM. "Well done", Sarft ... :angry: Shitty schedule hurt each of them by at least one third.

I did all I can to appeal PRC folks to stand up and take action(means go to cinema ) to support those movies for the course of foiling that stupid policy and filth schedule arrangement

But face the reality,people have to decide ditch one or two movie in order to concentrate efforts to save TDKR, TASM's box office in PRC---peharps PROM should the one to be pushed off the ship

Edited by rickfox

Eh, I don't really mind all the bullshit, Titanic is the undisputed champion, and for me, that's what matters.

Titanic 3D is not safe to stay at NO.1 at 2012 China box office chart, not safe at all.

A local film called 1942 has been dated November 22 and it is planed to knock down Titanic 3D. Just like Painted Skin 2 (which did $115M under the protection month in June/July), the same will happen for 1942: no Hollywood movies allowed 2 weeks before release and no Hollywood movies allowed one month after release.

We will see some medium foreign/Hollywood movies in September and a few small foreign movies in early November, but rest of the year, it is all for the local crap movies.

Before the protection month, the gap between foreign gross and local gross was staggering 1.8B yuan, but by now it is only 250M yuan. In the end, local movies will comfortably count 50%+ market share for year 2012.

You know what, it is sick that all numbers is manipulated, all things are happening according to plans.

Yes. And will win next week.

Thank you.What kind of opening numbers are you expecting? The first opened with 10 and finished with 31. Do you think it can open to 15?