A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Hi chinese forumers, I write because the 14th september is going to release in china 秘鲁大冒险 (Tad, the last explorer), is the first time that a spanish film has a big release in China. (2500 cinemas says the press?

What do you expect about that film? I read that the kids are in the school in this moments..

http://movie.mtime.com/174592/

Yes, this movie will come Sep. 14 and kids are in school on work days.

I think it can do over $1M though.

Btw, Pedro Almodovar has many fans in China. ;)

Really? I did not know it. I like that :)

Yes, most popular Europen directors in China should include:Giuseppe Tornatore, Luc Besson, Ingmar Bergman bogeman, Jean-Luc Godard, Francois Truffaut, Andrei Tarkovsky, Pedro Almodover, Theo Angelopoulos, Michelangelo Antonioni, Roman Polanski, Werner Herzog, Federico Fellini, Krzysztof Kieslowski, etc.And the all time most liked Europen actress in China: Sophie Marceau :)

Yes, most popular Europen directors in China should include:Giuseppe Tornatore, Luc Besson, Ingmar Bergman bogeman, Jean-Luc Godard, Francois Truffaut, Andrei Tarkovsky, Pedro Almodover, Theo Angelopoulos, Michelangelo Antonioni, Roman Polanski, Werner Herzog, Federico Fellini, Krzysztof Kieslowski, etc.And the all time most liked Europen actress in China: Sophie Marceau :)

Very interesting list. Chinese people have good taste. What about Alejandro Amenábar? Is he well-known there? He has always been very well-received outside Spain and he has the highest Spanish grosser movies: he has directed Tesis, Open your eyes (Vanilla sky was the remake made in US), The others, The sea inside and Agora

Saw TE2 again last night. Still loved it.

11:55pm

40yuan

about 15 people

This copy was cut even more. :(

Liked the JCVD and Sly fight even more this time. The shot of Sly from the helicopter as it rises was what I forgot to mention last time, I love that shot so much.

Will try to see TE2 at another cinema soon that has 20 showings per day. Might be a better copy too, we'll see. I guess each copy is different because it has been rushed through in a few days and different censor employees have cut different parts. China is very much like that, makeshift. I'll have to wait for the UK DVD to be sent to me until I can see the full adult version.

Very interesting list. Chinese people have good taste. What about Alejandro Amenábar? Is he well-known there? He has always been very well-received outside Spain and he has the highest Spanish grosser movies: he has directed Tesis, Open your eyes (Vanilla sky was the remake made in US), The others, The sea inside and Agora

Yes, he is also well known and liked.
  • Like 1

ah thanks Firedeep.

You are welcome. :)

How is TASM doing?

Overal 70~75% drop for the week.

firedeep, how dare you not update the title!

no exciting news. dunno what to update...

Any news on The Expendables 2 so far?

not a bad run for it so far. Its screen count kept increasing in the past 4 days and now reached almost 35%. (On the other hand, however, TASM's is only 14% now. )

So for the weekend TE2 will have the same screen count for Fri, Sat and Sun? or will each day's SC most likely be different?

It makes it hard to get a per-theater-average.

And for the first whole week it would make it even harder.

Not exactly the same each day, but not much difference either. Basically changes around the 35% mark.

Screen count always changes everyday during the week. And that is one reason we never seen reports refering to per-theater-gross.