A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

$222M? :blink: I think you're a little optimistic...

Like I said, "It really got great release date. Great opening, great word of mouth and great holiday boost."Just check next two weeks schedule, the holidays, actually everything, are perfectly set for its great legs. Everything is perfect "天时地利人和“.This is an event, "2012" is not.

Like I said, "It really got great release date. Great opening, great word of mouth and great holiday boost."Just check next two weeks schedule, the holidays, actually everything, are perfectly set for its great legs. Everything is perfect "天时地利人和“.This is an event, "2012" is not.

That would be really awesome. Can't believe Avatar is going down in another country...

If this over-heating continues (which it probably will), LiT will definitely sail past $150m and then the next goal is of cause Avatar. But CZ12 seems to be a really strong competition (another $100+m grosser most likely), and their boxoffice runs in the next few weeks are probably neck and neck. It would be interesting to see if the volume of the market is big enough tho.

Edited by vc2002

If this over-heating continues (which it probably will), LiT will definitely sail past $150m and then the next goal is of cause Avatar. But CZ12 seems to be a really strong competition (another $100+m grosser most likely), and their boxoffice runs in the next few weeks are probably neck and neck. It would be interesting to see if the volume of the market is big enough tho.

LiT and CZ12 each has more screens than Avatar ever had.When Avatar opened, there were only 5000 screens national wide. Now, more than 12,000.With this Dec crazy like this, I think the market now has just entered another level from here.

LiT got really low average ticket price, just 30~31 yuan, much cheaper than TF3, T3D, Avatar.

LiT and CZ12 each has more screens than Avatar ever had.When Avatar opened, there were only 5000 screens national wide. Now, more than 12,000.With this Dec crazy like this, I think the market now has just entered another level from here.

Yes, but there are just not LiT and CZ12 at this moment. We have a couple of other new releases. They dont have as much screens as those two do tho.Anyway, this Dec will give us a clear idea.