A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Actuals won't go up by over $20m, will they? Have they ever?

What the company reports is one thing, which indicates how much they can get, however, what the actual box office is is another thing.The official numbers directly from China are always higher than that reported by the company. Obviously the former is more close to the actual box office. We all know the reason behind. ;) Yes, the estimates might be higher than the Chinese official numbers. We should also notice that the Chinese official numbers are always higher than that reported on BOM.

Your China sources screwed up again, it's nowhere near $80m for 6-day. Even though $58m is huge and i should be cheery, i'm not. Thank you for that. :angry:

Let's wait for the actual number on Tuesday. Here the actual number refers to the Chinese official report, not the BOM report.

The 3D makeover of the classic movie earns $88.2 million in its second weekend internationally, including an astounding $58 million in China; "Titanic's" lifetime gross has now crossed $2 billion globally.

This indicates that the opening weekend was 58 mill, not the week.

I'm confused now too. THR clearly said 58 M for the OW.

This is not true. Check again.

James Cameron's 3D rerelease of Leonardo DiCaprio-Kate Winslet starrer Titanic is a runaway hit in China, where the movie has scored the best opening gross of all time in debuting to $58 million.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon held the previous record, opening to $55 million last year in China on its way to grossing north of $145 million.

They refer to opening gross in China, not the OW.

Well, I'm still confused. So I guess we shouldn't listen to or believe daily reports from China at all. So instead of making a push for 200, it will push for 150 in China.