A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

TT3 performance is a little surprise. Thought it would recover but increasing 20%+ from TT OD ? .... This is nuts. Also, in term of OD admissions, TT3 is not far behind TF4. Tiny Times franchise is of course critics/reviews proof. Only reason TT2 decreased, it was released only a month after TT. Hold on ! Today there is a even bigger surprise, way bigger ... Local horror film The House That Never Dies looks is heading to 40m+ Friday ... obviously it just becomes the FIRST horror blockbuster in the Chinese film market. This is a historical thing. Summer 2014 is in full power.

TT3 is huge (at least the opening). But Continent (7.24) should be even bigger. The hype is there.

Would any of these movies going to pass TF4 numbers (OW/Gross)? That's all I care about.

Holding the record less than a month would be kind of anti-climatic. :huh:

Edited by KATCH 22

Not officially but firedeep said the 30 days rule had no exception and that there'd be no extension.

I didn't realise that was a joke. Sorry.

There was an exception sometimes but rare!  At this stage nobody knows if it will get an extension(it may, it may not)!  The Croods did get an extension for 2 weeks last year in China! 

Edited by A K A
  • Like 1

Based on Wanda Cinema(largest chain in China), ticket sales for TF4 is flat today.

So, no Friday jump? $300 mil on Sunday then.. :angry:

At this stage nobody knows if it will get an extension(it may, it may not)!  The Croods did get an extension for 2 weeks last year! 

Looking at how big these new releases are I doubt there'd be any good reason to extend TF4 run. Unless it can make some impressive number out of whatever showtimes it has left.

So, no Friday jump? $300 mil on Sunday then.. :angry:

Looking at how big these new releases are I doubt there'd be any good reason to extend TF4 run. Unless it can make some impressive number out of whatever showtimes it has left.

Next week will be a crucial week for TF4!  If TF4 still manage to take at least $2-3M during the weekdays next week, I think they will at least keep the IMAX 3D screen for TF4!  

Would any of these movies going to pass TF4 numbers (OW/Gross)? That's all I care about. Holding the record less than a month would be kind of anti-climatic. :huh:

Only Gone with the Bullets (Dec 16) this year can challenge TF4 total but not OW.
  • Like 1

Friday est 
Tiny Times 3 82.6M/$13.3M, Total : 193/$31.1M(2 days)

***The House That Never Dies 41.4M/$6.7M(NEW/1 day)***

Transformers 4 16.75M/$2.7M Total : 1837M/$296.3M(22 days)
Old Boy:The Way of The Dragon 7.7M/$1.2M, Total : 170M/$27.4M(9 days)
The Breakup Guru 5.3M/$0.9M, Total : 628M/$101.3M(22 days)

Edited by A K A
  • Like 6

Friday est 

Tiny Times 3 82.6M/$13.3M, Total : 193/$31.1(2 days)

***The House That Never Dies 41.4M/$6.7M(NEW/1 day)***

Transformers 4 16.75M/$2.7M Total : 1837M/$296.3M(22 days)

Old Boy:The Way of The Dragon 7.7M/$1.2M, Total : 170M/$27.4M(9 days)

The Breakup Guru 5.3M/$0.9M, Total : 628M/$101.3M(22 days)

Just need $3.7mil for $300mil!

• Like 2

The only problem is  that china only allows one movie to be huge at a time. 

We did have a film make 100M at the same time that Transformers was having its crazy run, so you can do OK.

• Like 2

Only Gone with the Bullets (Dec 16) this year can challenge TF4 total but not OW.

Hmm you really think Jiang Wen can do that ?

Its gonna do great obviously but 300 mil is a LOT of money it'll need to be pushed pretty hard to get it I just don't see it