A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

TF4 will be safe for another 2 years IMO, it AOU gets May day holiday then 1.5B is in Play, if not 1.25B is more likely. BOFA pre-sales reached 20000 34 hours to go, incradible, easily 2nd best pre-selling foreign movie.

• Like 4

This is a small sample, less than 5% theaters nationwide.

In Denmark a couple of days ago 50 Shades of Grey sold 39.370 tickets in 12 hours and that movie is still 3 weeks away..

There are 6 mill people living in Denmark

All i want to say is presales in China means almost nothing compared to other countries..

• Like 1

In Denmark a couple of days ago 50 Shades of Grey sold 39.370 tickets in 12 hours and that movie is still 3 weeks away..

There are 6 mill people living in Denmark

All i want to say is presales in China means almost nothing compared to other countries..

This. Let's not boost expectations. The objective is the same than few days ago. Somewehere between $100m-$120m.

• Like 2

All the presale we are now comparing is the gewara(app) presale.

There are many apps in China that can offer tickets selling, and gewara is not the biggest one.

I think the only reason we use gewara presale not others is that only gewara provide pre-order number every 20 minutes, other apps not providing at all.

The gewara presale can be misleading sometimes, especially for local movies whose presales often contain massive advanced limited showtimes and wide promoting tickets.

However, foreign movies usually don't have those complicated scenarios and tend to follow the same presale pattern. 

• Like 1

All the presale we are now comparing is the gewara(app) presale.

There are many apps in China that can offer tickets selling, and gewara is not the biggest one.

I think the only reason we use gewara presale not others is that only gewara provide pre-order number every 20 minutes, other apps not providing at all.

The gewara presale can be misleading sometimes, especially for local movies whose presales often contain massive advanced limited showtimes and wide promoting tickets.

However, foreign movies usually don't have those complicated scenarios and tend to follow the same presale pattern. 

Nice one. So these numbers should be regarded as encouraging for The Hobbit then?

Past over 30k now, guess it will pass DOS presale total soon for gewara.

AUJ 116M OW, 316M total - 2.72x

DOS 202M OW, 464M total - 2.30x (very bad multiplier for Hollywood bolockbuster)

BOFA 280-310M ow, 700-750M total (my prediction)

Edited by Johnny Storm
  • Like 5