A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

The presales are encouraging, the film is on 34k right now, 7k off DoS presale total with Gewara. Bare in mind DoS more than quadroopled with 24 hours before release, from 9500 to 41k. If BotFA does anything even close to that it will have around or towards 200k presales, a more a realistic 100k would be impressive in itself. Whether it follows similar pattern, who knows. This seems far from predictable. As Fantaboy said earlier, the Gewara figures usually follow suite with the rest of the presales in China when it comes to foreign movies, so the film should be having huge presales accross the board in China.

What were the presales for Transformers 4 with Gewara? Also any indication on what sort of opening weekend BotFA's will have?

I'm not even going to bother making a prediction on how much I think it's going to gross this weekend or as a total, do not understand the Chinese market enough.

Edited by MonstersandRoy
  • Like 2

What were TF4's number?

Don't know it's midnight number, but looking back through this, 28 hours before release TF4 had 65,171 sales so about 28k above Hobbit at same point.

Guess Johnny Storm will likely know the final figure. Hobbit is a lock to have 2nd best presales for a foreign release I believe.

Edited by MonstersandRoy

TF4 186000

Thanks. Well its possible that H3 will come close to that number minutes before, but impossible to have an OW in that range

But i would be extremly surprised if it fell short of 100 mill total