A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

SUNDAY est 
The Continent 69M/$11.1M, Total : 285M/$46M (4 days)

The House That Never Dies 21M/$3.4M, Total : 325M/$52.4M(10 days)

Tiny Times 3 15.4M/$2.5M, Total : 464M/$74.8M(11 days)

Transformers 4 12M/$1.9M Total : 1968M/$317.4M(31 days)

ALL IMAX 3D screens in China will be temporary closed for the next 4 days as there is NO new film which need to use the IMAX 3D screens for the next 4 days.   The Chinese Government chose to close ALL IMAX 3D screens for the next 4 days in China instead of extend TF4's run!  It looks like the Chinese Govenment really doesn't want TF4 to keep taking money!

Edited by J LO
  • Like 2

SUNDAY est 

The Continent 69M/$11.1M, Total : 285M/$46M (4 days)

The House That Never Dies 21M/$3.4M, Total : 325M/$52.4M(10 days)

Tiny Times 3 15.4M/$2.5M, Total : 464M/$74.8M(11 days)

Transformers 4 12M/$1.9M Total : 1968M/$317.4M(31 days)

ALL IMAX 3D screens in China will be temporary closed for the next 4 days as there is a NO new film which need to use the IMAX 3D screens for the next 4 days.   The Chinese Government chose to shut ALL IMAX 3D screens for the next 4 days in China instead of extend TF4's run!  It looks like the Chinese Govenment really doesn't want TF4 to keep taking money!

Don't theatre/multiplex owners have any says about the decision though? Considering it's THEIR loss, not the government's.

Unfortunately, they have to follow the "one month" rule!

Yeah but I think that rule was meant to stop foreign movies from taking screens from local movies. In this case there's NO 3D local movies to take advantage of this rule so what's the point? I'm sure the IMAX 3D theatres owners would love to make more than zero money from that 4 days gap.

Anyway, thanks China for their big contribution to TF4 WW gross. ^_^

• Like 1

ALL IMAX 3D screens in China will be temporary closed for the next 4 days as there is NO new film which need to use the IMAX 3D screens for the next 4 days.   The Chinese Government chose to close ALL IMAX 3D screens for the next 4 days in China instead of extend TF4's run!  It looks like the Chinese Govenment really doesn't want TF4 to keep taking money!

This doesn't seem to be true. There are two IMAX screens here in Qingdao and as of tomorrow both are showing The Continent, as Olive said a few pages back. I assume they're not real IMAX copies, since they're not being billed as IMAX screenings (they're charging the regular non-IMAX ticket price), but the screens aren't closed. No doubt it will be pulled from IMAX screens when The White-Haired Witch (a "real" IMAX release) opens on the 1st. This is exactly what happened in December, when Personal Tailor took over the IMAX screens for a few days after Gravity closed but before Police Story 2013 opened. I saw PT on an IMAX screen and it actually opened with a disclaimer that it wasn't an actual IMAX presentation—I'll bet The Continent will have the same thing.

Edited by Bob Violence

Sarft doesn't want TF4 to be the first  2billion movie.

Paramount  knows it,and accept it.

To keep good relationship with Sarft. 

Well, one day a movie will cross that mark and it WON'T be a local movie. Avatar 2 will make Sarft cry.

See, I told you guys before that Paramount will announce this weekend instead of last weekend so first, it will not steal last week's headline which was Brazil opened huge and second, this weekend Paramount will have another headline which is China crossed $300M! 

Edited by J LO