A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

I dont get why paramount days that transformers only make 301 in china instead of 317

How can Paramount suddenly report around $317M in China this weekend?  It will be a very big jump from last weekend as you should know that Paramount reported around $285M last weekend in China!  Read my previous posts as I did explain before why Paramount try to lower China's numbers!  This is part of their strategy so they will have a new headline every week since TF4 opened on 27th of June!  Also, if you read The Hollywood Reporter, Variety etc,  they all reported TF4 crosses $300M few days ago. (Read my previous posts as I did provide some links when The Hollywood Reporter ,Variety etc reported TF4 crosses $300M in China few days ago.)

Edited by J LO

How can Paramount suddenly report around $317M in China this weekend?  It will be a very big jump from last weekend as you should know that Paramount reported around $285M last weekend in China!  Read my previous posts as I did explain before why Paramount try to lower China's numbers!  This is part of their strategy so they will have a new headline every week since TF4 opened on 27th of June!  Also, if you read The Hollywood Reporter, Variety etc,  they all reported TF4 crosses $300M few days ago. (Read my previous posts as I did provide some links when The Hollywood Reporter ,Variety etc reported TF4 crosses $300M in China few days ago.)

How do you think Paramount should add the rest of the gross to the total? Gradually add it bit by bit? Silently put the rest into total when nobody care? :lol:

How do you think Paramount should add the rest of the gross to the total? Gradually add it bit by bit? Silently put the rest into total when nobody care? :lol:

At this stage who care anymore.(only some people from this forum care for example Fake, Donald, KATCH 22, J LO etc  :lol: )   Most people especially the media only care if it crosses $300M, as after that, anymore at this point in China is just gravy therefore Paramount will just confirm China's final total in next weekend when it announces TF4 crosses 1B ww.  It may not be exactly $317M but it will be very very close to $317M.  Paramount is banking with $$$ and getting a new headline every week...Job done for Paramount! :P

Edited by J LO

KATCH 22, what's your next Hollywood film(I mean to be released in this year)which you want it to do well in China?  For me it will be Guardian of the Galaxy.

I don't want GOTG to beat Thor WW so no. :ph34r:

The Hobbit3 and The Expendables 3, easily. :lol: Oh and I'd love Apes2 to do some decent number there as well.

Edited by KATCH 22

I don't want GOTG to beat Thor WW so no. :ph34r:

The Hobbit3 and The Expendables 3, easily. :lol: Oh and I'd love Apes2 to do some decent number there as well.

I would like to see The Hobbit 3 to do some decent number there as well...  The Hobbit 2 did around $75M in China so I hope it will do around $100M in China and it will be easily too... :lol:

Edited by J LO