A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

You forgot the hobbit...... twice :D

No, he didn't. 

AuJ is 6th in admissions. TA, TDKR, THG, Skyfall, and BD2 were the biggest of the year in total tickets sold. AuJ was 8th in its year. 

So, no. He didn't forget it. 

AuJ, so far, ranks as the 14th biggest film of the decade so far domestically (admissions). DoS is 21st. 

No, he didn't. 

AuJ is 6th in admissions. TA, TDKR, THG, Skyfall, and BD2 were the biggest of the year in total tickets sold. AuJ was 8th in its year. 

So, no. He didn't forget it. 

AuJ, so far, ranks as the 14th biggest film of the decade so far domestically (admissions). DoS is 21st. 

Why does everyone always talk about DoM I am talking about OS yeah there it kicks ass!!

Interstellar faces a couple of 2D competition coming this weekend with the Wong Fei Hung movie (actually, is that 3D?) and Fury, both are marketed rather weakly so probably won't hold a candle.  What's interesting to me is DW's gamble to open Penguins 2 weeks in advance...not sure if it has paid off.

I think part of it is simply so many event movies for the same demographic. I've been to a theater more this year than I can ever remember. Makes it tough on people to make a choice or even to go back for repeat viewings. For me this year I've seen all of these in the theater:

Cap 2

Spidey 2

Godzilla

X-Men

Dracula

Guardians

Interstellar

Apes 2

Nightcrawler

I'm probably leaving out something too. Next year the slate is much emptier for me.

U just missed out one great film edge of tomorrow.. probably the best one on your list.
  • Like 1

Interstellar faces a couple of 2D competition coming this weekend with the Wong Fei Hung movie (actually, is that 3D?) and Fury, both are marketed rather weakly so probably won't hold a candle.

Yes, Rise of The Legend 3D. This Nov all domestic are dead. Sat, Rise of the legend does not do well (5.6m yuan preview). other Zhou Xun & Huang Xioamimg movie, Women who know how to flirt are lukiest, release on 11.28. Interstellar have good release date, no huge movies to compete it. All big domestic go to Dec.