A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

4 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

ZOO

350m through Thursday

450m looks like will happen today thru next thursday.  

If it can hold like MH, -38%, for a couple of weeks after that it should do another 600m. 1.4b total.

If it can hold like TMK, -33%, then 1.6B possible.

Man, if this does finish at $240 million, $1 billion WW is possible for Zootopia assuming it opens huge and has phenomenal legs in Japan. $285 million DOM + $240 million China + $130 million Japan + $345 million in other markets ($40 million France, $50 million UK, $30 million Germany, $20 million Mexico, $25 million Australia, $15 million Spain, $15 million Italy, $15 million South Korea, $10 million Venezuela, $30 million Russia, $20 million Brazil and $90 million in other markets)! Not likely by all means but possible! (Edit: I think that $900 million is likely and) <rem.> $800 million is <rem.(locked) <rem.> B) 

Removed (<rem.>): I think, very likely, though

Edited by Arlo245

13 hours ago, druv10 said:

Wouldn't the negative effect OD? Which you're predicting as a minimum 35M.

We don’t need worry about OD because many fans still would go cinema,and you know IM3 created the OD record and TA2 was just behind F7.

28 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

We don’t need worry about OD because many fans still would go cinema,and you know IM3 created the OD record and TA2 was just behind F7.

Ok, I'm expecting a great movie anyway so legs should stronger than AoU.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Ok, I'm expecting a great movie anyway so legs should stronger than AoU.

2 hours ago, Arlo245 said:

Man, if this does finish at $240 million, $1 billion WW is possible for Zootopia assuming it opens huge and has phenomenal legs in Japan. $285 million DOM + $240 million China + $130 million Japan + $345 million in other markets ($40 million France, $50 million UK, $30 million Germany, $20 million Mexico, $25 million Australia, $15 million Spain, $15 million Italy, $15 million South Korea, $10 million Venezuela, $30 million Russia, $20 million Brazil and $90 million in other markets)! Not likely by all means but possible! I think $800 million is very likely though B)

$800m ww is always locked, 1B ww is possible

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, firedeep said:

$800m ww is always locked, 1B ww is possible

Haha I know I meant to say $900 million is likely. After doing some calculations, I also realized that $800 million is so very locked :P

11 hours ago, Infernus said:

Factored for the yearly market growth plus the fact that these are at the top of their genre, yes this would seem to be the correct, albeit conservative (and looking at the recent Hollywood movies, that is needed), range. Infact 150m would be somewhat of a pretty low predict keeping in mind that Ant-Man made around 110m last year. Yes DC is not that popular here but one has to keep in mind the level of its genre this film is at. This is an outlier. Its Batman vs Superman with Wonder Woman! Its superheroes like Ant Man that need built up brand recognition, not these! so yeah 150-180 would be a correct and conservative range and if it turns out to be good, passing the 200m mark is a possibility. Of course we just had KFP3 not being able to even come close to 200m when it should have made 350m going by this. But, as@MinaTakla often said, we should have kept in mind the fact that animations simply hadn't been able to compete with the other genres in the many years following KFP2 and there were of course many other factors contributing to that disaster (it would still have made atleast 250m in given a better market time), while superhero movies have been continuously proving themselves to be increasingly loved by the GA.

I do not think Ant-Man is a good reference for BvS. The references should be TDKR and MOS. Being conscious that it had a horrible date, TDKR just did 350m Yuan. And in 2013, MOS did not reach 400m, when IM3 reached 750m the same year. Both CA2 and DOFP did about the same than IM3's number one year later. And for the sequels (CA3 and Apoaclypse) we are expecting maybe 1.3-1.5b.

It seems that DC is a step behind Marvel in China and we should not have so high expectations. IMHO, SW7 numbers (800-900m range, maybe 1b) would already be a nice target. I think that anything over that would be an extra.

Said this, I wish I am wrong and DC can break the gap with Marvel.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, firedeep said:

The hype for CW is so crazed ... I am going to make a bold prediction: Fri 270m (40m+230m), Sat 310m, Sun 250m; 2100m total, 2.5x OW.

Wow. That would mean 830m OW, more or less what I am expecting for BvS total :blink:

Mermaid, Zootopia, maybe CW... China BO seems to be on fire again.

By the way, what is the biggest 3-day OW ever?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, peludo said:

Wow. That would mean 830m OW, more or less what I am expecting for BvS total :blink:

Mermaid, Zootopia, maybe CW... China BO seems to be on fire again.

By the way, what is the biggest 3-day OW ever?

Calm down, Firedeep sometimes can be crazy..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Olive said:

Friday--chin>Saturday showtimes

Zootopia 25.2%---32.3%

GOE        27.3%---26.2%

IPM3       20.2%---18.6%

Saturday presales are almost 30M, 2.5 times higher than Friday at the same time! We're in for a massive day.

1 hour ago, Olive said:

Calm down, Firedeep sometimes can be crazy..

But he did say, it was a bold prediction. After the latest trailer, did your prediction change or are you still sticking with.1.4-1.5B?