A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

5 hours ago, trifle said:

I understand Passengers is getting an extended release in China.  I don't know if that means it will be expanding to any more theaters though, do you?  It had lost most of them for Chinese New Year.

Thanks, if you know!

May add another 1-2m yuan at most.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

315m yuan then.

I'm OK with Anything over that horrible 10m you predicted a month ago. 

Yeah, early presales are always mis-leading.

It performs way better than expectation.

• Like 1

XXX should clear 125m easily, close to 4x PS. It has a very good 9.0 on Maoyan and will have a good shot at 1b without any competition in next weekend. 

KFY heading to high 30s. Down 20% after losing nearly half its screens. Will land close to 1.6b on sunday.

JTTW2 lost more screens than KFY and will drop 40%+ but will get to 1.6b on Sunday. 

LLL will open on VD. I'm thinking 50m+ and all movies will bump. 

Sing PS are tiny and looking to open under 20m next Friday.  Holdovers will have little competition next weekend.  That should ease the path for KFY to get to 1.7B with JTTW2 right behind in the mid 1.6b range

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, POTUS said:

XXX should clear 125m easily, close to 4x PS. It has a very good 9.0 on Maoyan and will have a good shot at 1b without any competition in next weekend. 

KFY heading to 40m. Down 15% after losing nearly half its screens. Will land close to 1.5b on sunday.

JTTW2 lost more screens than KFY and will drop 40%+ but will get to 1.6b on Sunday. 

LLL will open on VD. I'm thinking 50m+ and all movies will bump. 

Sing PS are tiny and looking to open under 20m next Friday.  Holdovers will have little competition next weekend.  That should ease the path for KFY to get to 1.7B with JTTW2 right behind in the mid 1.6b range

KFY will be close to 1,6B on sunday. Not 1.5B

• Like 3

2 hours ago, eXtacy said:

Its obvious the next China/Hollywood co-production should have Vin Diesel. He is a clear star to both markets.

No. Look at how The Last WitchHunter bombed there last year. Lol. And the official promotional banner poster of xXx in China puts Donnie as the main character... not Vin, Vin's face is actually smaller.

Everyone is praising the acting of Donnie Yen (once again, just like in Rogue One) - another proof that he is a huge draw in China, the number of his lu ren fen (passerby fans) is just enormous. Rogue One had 4x+ multiplier on the first day, and xXx too. That is the only common factor. Go read weibo, everyone is  talking about Donnie's action and how he totally stole the movie, go read some comments on baidu tieba please..

I like Vin, but without F&F he is not a draw in China nor US. Nina Dobrev is arguably a bigger draw in China than him.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 1