A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

52 minutes ago, Polaroids said:

I'm trying to understand what you're trying to say but I can't. I have engaged in multiple conversations here for more than a year. You just made an account a few months ago and your first post was to attack someone for disliking Time Raiders. One can see who's the troll/fangirl here.

I'll just leave you to your hurt feelings. Maybe try making more new accounts to like your posts while you're at it.

Edited by maria

55 minutes ago, Polaroids said:

I'm trying to understand what you're trying to say but I can't. I have engaged in multiple conversations here for more than a year. You just made an account a few months ago and your first post was to attack someone for disliking Time Raiders. One can see who's the troll/fangirl here.

I'll just leave you to your hurt feelings. Maybe try making more new accounts to like your posts while you're at it.

"i came here first and blah"  i didn't know we needed to be a veteran here to have the right to post
you ain't shit honey boohoo and that quite childish.
the "i don't understand you when you clearly understanding what i'm saying" sure jan.
none of my feeling is hurted don't worry and this film is doing well so.. .

8 hours ago, MrHardapple said:

I hope HR can keep some showtimes...

Even though Hacksaw has the strongest legs, it gets only 3% of total showtimes on Friday because some films will release here tomorrow (don't be surprised, it's the style of Chinese market). Well, the pre-sales of some openers are obviously weaker than expected, HR will probably get more showtimes in the next two days, but of course, it will still be drastically hurt by this drop.

Generally, It can no longer get 350M/$51M, but can still earn at least 315M/$46M which is very outstanding for an R-rated war film. 

Edited by nVIDIADriver
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Polaroids said:

Buddies in India shouldn't have moved their release date. It has more chance of making money now (weaker competitions) than on CNY.

They are late on promoting and,of course, there are Zhang Yimou, Wong Kar Wei & Jackie Chan's movie.

This movie is a part of Lost series, why don't they title it Lost in India? The hype will be bigger.    

2 hours ago, Lihongkim said:

They are late on promoting and,of course, there are Zhang Yimou, Wong Kar Wei & Jackie Chan's movie.

This movie is a part of Lost series, why don't they title it Lost in India? The hype will be bigger.    

But on CNY they have Stephen Chow, Tsui Hark, Jackie Chan and 10 other movies to compete with.

Pretty sure it's not part of the Lost series? I don't think they would make a Lost movie without Xu Zheng directing and starring in it. Although I'm sure Wang Baoqiang and the producers (who also produced the previous Lost films) want to make it seem that way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Polaroids said:

But on CNY they have Stephen Chow, Tsui Hark, Jackie Chan and 10 other movies to compete with.

Pretty sure it's not part of the Lost series? I don't think they would make a Lost movie without Xu Zheng directing and starring in it. Although I'm sure Wang Baoqiang and the producers (who also produced the previous Lost films) want to make it seem that way.

The film isn't ready for this Christmas. They just started promoting it on Dec.5. Even the trailer just come out few days ago. I believe WBQ is promoting in various cities. There are many films on CNY but only JTTW2 and KF Yoga are big. Adding WBQ, I feel more safe for Feb. 

Just watched the trailer, it gave me the Lost series feeling. I read somewhere months ago, it was plan as Lost in India & directed by Xu Zheng. Maybe it was transferred to WBQ. Not so sure if it's the same project. 

Chinese director Xu Zheng is to direct "Lost in India", after the commercial success of comedy "Lost in Thailand" and upcoming film "Lost in Hong Kong".

"Lost in India" is adapted from Chinese writer Liu Zhenyun's novel, "A sentence in time savesa thousand" which is being called the Chinese version of "One hundred years of solitude".

The novel centers on lives of some normal people such as bean curd seller, donkey dealer, haircutter, and butcher. It focuses on their solitude and discusses the significance of life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lihongkim said:

The film isn't ready for this Christmas. They just started promoting it on Dec.5. Even the trailer just come out few days ago. I believe WBQ is promoting in various cities. There are many films on CNY but only JTTW2 and KF Yoga are big. Adding WBQ, I feel more safe for Feb. 

Just watched the trailer, it gave me the Lost series feeling. I read somewhere months ago, it was plan as Lost in India & directed by Xu Zheng. Maybe it was transferred to WBQ. Not so sure if it's the same project. 

The film was ready for Christmas. They already released the trailer months ago and announced the release would be on Dec. 23rd. It wasn't until the beginning of December that they changed their release date.

It's also different from the "Lost" series since Buddies in India is a modern loose adaptation of Journey to the West where Baoqiang actually plays Sun Wukong.

They probably thought it would make more money on CNY.

• Like 1

I don't really trust Douban numbers because they're fan-driven and bot-driven. The ones rating the movies 5 are fans of the people involved in the movie and the ones rating them 1 are anti-fans. It's hard to gauge legitimate reaction especially when anyone can just make accounts to manipulate ratings.

Mermaid has a Douban rating of 6.9 that I highly don't agree with.

31 minutes ago, ahadm8888 said:

Hello friends

are you OK

happy New Year

I came back after a year from Iran

Jackie Chan's new movie

Railroad Tigers

How were sales؟

Hello, first day numbers aren't out yet officially but as of 5 pm Beijing time it has made 23 million RMB.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Polaroids said:

I don't really trust Douban numbers because they're fan-driven and bot-driven. The ones rating the movies 5 are fans of the people involved in the movie and the ones rating them 1 are anti-fans. It's hard to gauge legitimate reaction especially when anyone can just make accounts to manipulate ratings.

Mermaid has a Douban rating of 6.9 that I highly don't agree with.

My tastes agree with Douban 99% of time, and any movie under 5.0 on Douban is unwatchable.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Polaroids said:

Fair enough. I just find it hard to believe that Ding Sheng, director of Saving Mr. Wu, made a movie that deserves a 4.9 (Railroad Tigers current rating).

Jackie Chan is being Will Smith, he is helping his son(who had a lot screen time in Railroad , even more than Jackie) to regain popularity after his drug problem.

6 minutes ago, Olive said:

Jackie Chan is being Will Smith, he is helping his son(who had a lot screen time in Railroad , even more than Jackie) to regain popularity after his drug problem.

I heard about Jaycee's unexpected appearance. Did you watch the movie already, Olive? What did you think about it?