A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

4 minutes ago, peludo said:

Just to say that KFY and JTTW2 will rank tomorrow #6 and #7 in the all time chart. And I do not know if they will have enough fuel to outgross #5 (Mojin with 1.682b).

Anyway, for the moment, it is like if The Dark Knight and Rogue One had been released the same day in USA.

Furious 8 v The Last Knight will be seen TFA vs Avatar:wintf:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I expect a lot from China this year, last year was a bit disappointing apart from Zootopia and the local movie The Mermaid. I have a lot of hope for GOTG2, Beauty and the Beast, Furious 8, Justice League.

FF8/TF5 2.5-3BN

GotG2  1-1.2BN

BatB JL 600M

three different levels in China 

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bangbingchan said:

FF8/TF5 2.5-3BN

GotG2  1-1.2BN

BatB JL 600M

three different levels in China 

Could BatB reach the same level than Jungle Book (around 1 billion)?

And is there any other local film with big expectations?

20 minutes ago, peludo said:

Could BatB reach the same level than Jungle Book (around 1 billion)?

And is there any other local film with big expectations?

No big local films In March

BatB is similar to cinderella(440M)

similar release date and type

500-600M is more possible for BatB.But who knows?No one expected Jungle Book almost hit 1BN

PS:Logan and Hongkong might be big In March

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

I know about this incident. But his abilities already proved the haters wrong. People like nicholas tse already stepped out and spoke well about Donnie.

Not welcome in China? Haha. Only by some water army on weibo, which has almost 0 impact on box office. 

His box office is still crazily consistent in terms of action movie. Those people who claimed that they don't watch a movie because of a partcular star are mostly paid to do so. Haha.

I mean take a look at Monkey King...1.1 billion yuan, Ip Man 3(with bluray dvd RIP out, against Zootopia and Revenant and news of fudge) still grossed almost 800m yuan. His worst movie Iceman also did 144m yuan in 2014 which is not bad at all, KF jungle had only 15% showtimes at most and came out after Iceman(his worst movie) against Lucy/TMNT/Maze Runner and Fury all at once and earned 119m Yuan in 2014.

People like Jackie/Jet/Donnie don't need to care about social media presence.. the same people talking bad about them are the same people who pirate videos since they are so internet savvy.

Donnie has passerby fans, those lu ren fen knows him..watches his TV show since young.. these people do not even use social media. Rogue One has a 4x multiple, every1 speaking about DY's performance. Xander Cage is breaking records, and just go read the reviews.

PS: Disney/Paramount all have their subsidaries in China, what we see is just the surface, they know the industry well and know which actor is easy to work with, contribute ideas and benefit their movies. And you can go read on Reddit, the crew working on xXx are gushing about Donnie Yen, saying he is really humble and always sharing his experience and helping out with the choreography even when it is not his scene.

Link? I like Donnie so I'd love to read it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peludo said:

Just to say that KFY and JTTW2 will rank tomorrow #6 and #7 in the all time chart. And I do not know if they will have enough fuel to outgross #5 (Mojin with 1.682b).

Anyway, for the moment, it is like if The Dark Knight and Rogue One had been released the same day in USA.

KFY will 100% outgross Mojin in the next few days

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bangbingchan said:

2:30PM

Xxx 82M

LLL 45M

160M/90M is very likely

Usually midpoint on a regular tuesday is 4pm-4.15pm. Lets see if it plays different on VD..

But due to extremely high presales you're proberbly right... Midpoint is more likely to be a couple of hours earlier

1 hour ago, bangbingchan said:

2:30PM

Xxx 82M

LLL 45M

160M/90M is very likely

LLL has slowed down. Dont think 90 mill will happen. Not even close..

But XXX is exploding today.. Huge V day coming up

Edited by fmpro
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Polaroids said:

Link? I like Donnie so I'd love to read it.

Hi!

Apologies for the delay in reply, Valentine's day today.

Spent a while trying to trace back... There are at least 2-3 of them, but I only found one right now. Will update you if I find more!

Quoting reddit;

"My roommate is working with him currently on the new XXX movie and he's been gushing about him every day. Apparently, he's crazy humble and super nice to everyone on set (you'd think that's the norm, but it's not with North American celebrities on set). My buddy also said watching him work in person is mindblowing, he's talented as hell."

Source: Reddit Source

PS: Also added this: I think this video really speaks volume about how he is in real life, how humble he is and how other casts view him on the set ( I mean people prefer to give credit to those who are humble and nice)

Edited by TigerPaw