A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Just now, Menor said:

Depends on what the expected PSm is. I'm not too experienced with the market so maybe summer has more walkup heaviness like it does in USA.

as potus have said, in summer satur sees a smaller increase than usual, around a 15-20 % 

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

Idk, Ant-Man 2 jumped only 4% and then dropped just 14%. That would be better than how Cap Marvel trended.

Sunday presales have been strong. The drop should be soft so the trend will be better than CM. Question is does it have enough to cross 100 million.

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It need 688mn for $100mn. With 247mn in bank, need ¥441mn more.

Can't afford Saturday lower than ¥245mn for that.

at least the movie will probably have good legs , but yeah fingers crossed

21 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah right. Currently seeing only ¥230-240mn going by the pre-sales. 

TF5 managed to bump 10% in late june 17 and it sucked.

It should get over 250m maybe 260m based on that. 4.5 PSm not out of the question.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, POTUS 2020 said:

TF5 managed to bump 10% in late june 17 and it sucked.

It should get over 250m maybe 260m based on that. 4.5 PSm not out of the question.

i hope so, but the presales indicate charlies range right now no ? even though yeah we still have a long way to go before we know for sure

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Black Widow looks way too small scale to hit 1 billion. I think The Eternals is more likely to hit a billion if anything.

I'm not betting 1b WW for Black Widow, but we really don't know the scale of the film. And the spy flick has no problem to do huge numbers (MI; 007), especially OS. And obviously, Marvel, the big plus.

Personally, i see 900m as the ceiling. 300m/600m

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Durden said:

I'm not betting 1b WW for Black Widow, but we really don't know the scale of the film. And the spy flick has no problem to do huge numbers (MI; 007), especially OS. And obviously, Marvel, the big plus.

Personally, i see 900m as the ceiling. 300m/600m

I don't think it's good to say a ceiling or floor this far out. Btw Black Widow has 36k want to see in Maoyan which is higher than what CM had even after CM first trailer

• Like 2
  • Astonished 4