baumer

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

35 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

After seeing Inside Out, I instantly wanted to go back and revisit this. I don't know how my opinion hasn't changed as I have gotten older, but I still consider it the best movie ever made. No matter how optimistic or pessimistic I am feeling about love and life, I always take something encouraging out of this. I can't wait for Kaufman to get back into screenwriting and deliver more insightful explorations into bizarre philosophical concepts with his next film Anomalisa. 

Watched this yesterday. Great Film!! Loved it. I never 'really' like love stories, because they dont really have much of a story usually and its quite cliche and shallow usually, and cant remember one that I rated higher than 8 (except titanic). But this was different. The sci fi element really boosted the uniqueness. Plus the script and the reverse-chronological sequence worked great. The acting, by both the leads, was superb. I loved Winslet and Carrey amazed me in his unusual role. The concept in itself was intriguing and worked great in showing how its the memories that make us, the past that shapes us, and yet the chance to live it over is the ultimate wish. The ending was a fitting one and kind of showed how in the end, living in the moment is the most important thing, without worries of will happen and without regrets of what has happened.

9.5/10

Edited by Infernus

My favorite scene in the movie (and I'm sure for a lot of other people too!). I think it works so well because everyone can relate to it on a really deep and personal level. Absolutely lovely film and one that is infinitely rewatchable. A+

• Like 1