baumer

Weekend #s Bond 90M Lincoln 900K Ralph Flight good holds

Firedeep i think u are living in a different box office world than the rest of us right now lol. Ralph is doing what its supp to do. Skyfall is going to hit everything this weekend. And BD2 Isnt going to hit other films like Skyfall will.

Truth be told, last weekend in Germany Skyfall shattered opening records and expectations left and right and no other films were hurt except maybe BL which was near the end of its run anyway. HT even managed an increase. MAD3 dropped 10%. Taken2 only dropped 34%! Even PA4 only dropped 38%. So I don't see why Skyfall should hurt other films in the US?

Truth be told, last weekend in Germany Skyfall shattered opening records and expectations left and right and no other films were hurt except maybe BL which was near the end of its run anyway. HT even managed an increase. MAD3 dropped 10%. Taken2 only dropped 34%! Even PA4 only dropped 38%. So I don't see why Skyfall should hurt other films in the US?

this.

The Skyfall effection was exaggerated here by many. It is not like its a mega 100M+ OW, which BD2 will be.

The fact Skyfall is barely opening more than Quantum despite all the great advantages Skyfall has is kind of disappointing. It really shows how little American audiences care about Bond

Be fair, QOS opened significantly higher than any other Bond film even adjusted. Beating that is great and it likely will have much better legs.

The fact Skyfall is barely opening more than Quantum despite all the great advantages Skyfall has is kind of disappointing. It really shows how little American audiences care about Bond

Good point.QoS OD 27M.Skfayll OD 32M, and this is with 2M+ from IMAX previews.Wait, didnt even QoS have IMAX ? ;)(In terms of OD ticket sales, Skyfall maybe even had a decrease compared with QoS) Edited by firedeep

this.The Skyfall effection was exaggerated here by many. It is not like its a mega 100M+ OW, which BD2 will be.

I'm pretty sure there were holidays in Germany, not to mention films hold better there anyway. And there could've been a spillover effect that didn't happen DOM because it wasn't as large.

this.The Skyfall effection was exaggerated here by many. It is not like its a mega 100M+ OW, which BD2 will be.

US is not Germany. When PG-13 four-quadrant blockbusters open big in the US, they have an effect, they always did. And yes, when Skyfall opens to $80m+, it's going to have a fucking effect on movies around it.

Also, QoS had one of the most reliable advantages a franchise movie can have - it directly followed a predecessor that was received spectacularly well. Skyfall had a lot going for it, but that it didn't have, which only makes its opening more impressive in my mind.

US is not Germany. When PG-13 four-quadrant blockbusters open big in the US, they have an effect, they always did. And yes, when Skyfall opens to $80m+, it's going to have a fucking effect on movies around it.

Apparently, Skyfall is not a four quadranter. More like three.

Decent hold for WiR considering Skyfall's opening. Gonna wait for some official estimates first, but still hoping that WiR will drop only 33-36% when the weekend is through.

And very nice for Skyfall. Still looking at the best Bond opening ever. Probably gonna watch it tonight with my dad who is a major Bond fan.

Also, QoS had one of the most reliable advantages a franchise movie can have - it directly followed a predecessor that was received spectacularly well. Skyfall had a lot going for it, but that it didn't have, which only makes its opening more impressive in my mind.

How about the great two weeks OS warm up Sony created for DOM ? I think it is more than enough to make up for the meh reception of QoS.