baumer

Weekend #s Bond 90M Lincoln 900K Ralph Flight good holds

Might not be locked but off Skyfall it has a great chance.

900 is a 90% possibility....a billion is a 10% chance.....imo....it's going to be very very difficult. BD2 is going to kill it next weekend.

Just saw Pitch Perfect just dropped 18%, a little movie that could. I'm very impressed. Perks of Being a Wallflower also had a small %14 drop, I still can't help but think if this had a wider release from the get go it could have earned around 40-60 million. Oh well, maybe it this could get awards buzz maybe it could still have a shot.Also, The Odd Life of Timothy Green added 131 theaters to see a 232% increase, it now earned $51 million, also pretty solid after a so-so OW.

Edited by forg

Amazing OW for Skyfall. Craig has steadily taken the Bond series closer and closer to the massive success it had in its heyday. Pretty much great holds all around this weekend. Although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for a 25% drop or so for Ralph. Still 32% drop is nothing to sneeze at. Hopefully it can hold even better next weekend before Guardians hits.

I hope the best for Skyfall. I just think the ending wasn't good at all.I went into it expecting to see the best movie this year. Maybe I just felt let down exactly the same way people felt about TDKR.So I guess everyone is looking for a 40M 2nd weekend? Going to be hard.

BD2 is going to kill it next weekend.

I just don't understand why it would kill it. We're talking about two blockbusters with target audiences that are basically polar opposites. Add in the great WOM for Skyfall, and it's nearly unfathomable to me that it would drop more than 55 next weekend.
  • Like 1

The fact that this Bond skewed even older than Quantum (75% over 25, compared to 57%) means that Twilight is irrelevant to next weekend's hold. Multiplexes have enough screens to handle demand for both.

This. And also Bond's only in 3505 theatres, not 4505 theatres. Plus in a lot of places it's playing on only 1 or 2 screens which means that it's barely gonna be effected by the massive amount of twilight showings next weekend.