Walt Disney

Vote: Top 25 Film Scores of all-time

Crap. How did I forget that one? Hey Walt, we can just go ahead and edit these until the deadline, right?

I tally the votes as they come in, so if anyone is going to edit, let me know ahead of time, so I can save your old list to subtract those votes, then I will add in the new votes.Shaaken, you can edit anytime you'd like. If you edit a 2nd time, just let me know in advance.Lab, I actually tallied your latest list, so you're good. But if you decide to edit again, let me know before you edit.The top 25 is very competitive, so any changes made will effect the final list. There are a lot of close races going on. Edited by Walt Disney

So hard to do a top 25 movie scores, there's always one's you'll forget about. Here's mine.1. Star Wars2. LOTR3. The Godfather4. Back to the Future5. Jurassic Park6. Indiana Jones7. The Terminator8. Psycho9. Jaws10. The Magnificent 711. Lawrence of Arabia12. Up13. Superman14. Inception15. The Lion King16. ET The Extra Terrestrial17. Once Upon a time in the West18. Braveheart19. Rocky20. On the Waterfront21. Chinatown22. Dances with Wolves23. Halloween 197824. The Mission25. Glory

• Like 2

So hard to do a top 25 movie scores, there's always one's you'll forget about. Here's mine.1. Star Wars2. LOTR3. The Godfather4. Back to the Future5. Jurassic Park6. Indiana Jones7. The Terminator8. Psycho9. Jaws10. The Magnificent 711. Lawrence of Arabia12. Up13. Superman14. Inception15. The Lion King16. ET The Extra Terrestrial17. Once Upon a time in the West18. Braveheart19. Rocky20. On the Waterfront21. Chinatown22. Dances with Wolves23. Halloween 197824. The Mission25. Glory

Filmbuff, for the Terminator, I am assuming you mean the first Terminator movie. For LOTR, I am assuming that you mean LOTR: FOTR. For Indiana Jones, I am assuming that you mean Raiders of the Lost Ark. If any of my assumptions are wrong, then please let me know. If my assumptions are all correct, then your votes have been counted. Edited by Walt Disney

Never mind.Was going to do it but 25 is just too many to make me do xD

You can do as few as you want. If you only want to do 5, then you can do just 5. However, the final list will reveal the top 25, but your vote can make a difference. Remember, your first choice gets 25 points, and your 2nd choice gets 24 points, and so on.... so you can make your voice heard. Edited by Walt Disney

okay done.

POS FILM

1 INDIANA- RAIDERS

2 BACK TO THE FUTURE

3 BOND

4 ROCKY

5 INDEPENDENCE DAY

6 LION KING

7 CHARIOTS OF FIRE

8 JURASSIC PARK

9 GOOD, BAD, UGLY

10 ROBIN HOOD PRINCE OF THIEVES

11 ALIEN

12 STARGATE

13 GREAT ESCAPE

14 GONE WITH THE WIND

15 THE ITALIAN JOB

16 JAWS

17 BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

18 THE EXORCIST

19 SUCKER PUNCH

20 WALL-E

21 FORREST GUMP

22 SUPERMAN

23 THE OMEN

24 BATMAN

25 BEVERLY HILLS COP

Reserve 1 BRAVEHEART

Reserve 2 TOP GUN

Reserve 3 GLADIATOR

Included 3 reserves as I am doubtful about the eligibility of Exorcist and Omen (especially considering nobodyseems to have voted for them at all) and the third is incase there are yet more mistakes in there.

Edited by chasmmi
  • Like 1

okay done.

POS FILM

1 INDIANA- RAIDERS

2 BACK TO THE FUTURE

3 BOND

4 ROCKY

5 INDEPENDENCE DAY

6 LION KING

7 CHARIOTS OF FIRE

8 JURASSIC PARK

9 GOOD, BAD, UGLY

10 ROBIN HOOD PRINCE OF THIEVES

11 ALIEN

12 STARGATE

13 GREAT ESCAPE

14 GONE WITH THE WIND

15 THE ITALIAN JOB

16 JAWS

17 BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

18 THE EXORCIST

19 SUCKER PUNCH

20 WALL-E

21 FORREST GUMP

22 SUPERMAN

23 THE OMEN

24 BATMAN

25 BEVERLY HILLS COP

Reserve 1 BRAVEHEART

Reserve 2 TOP GUN

Reserve 3 GLADIATOR

Included 3 reserves as I am doubtful about the eligibility of Exorcist and Omen (especially considering nobodyseems to have voted for them at all) and the third is incase there are yet more mistakes in there.

Most of the Bond films actually have different scores , which is different to what I previously thought. Which Bond movie would you like to vote for?

The Exorcist is disqualified because it used a lot of classical music for its score. However, The Omen actually won the Academy Award for Best Original Sccore in 1976, so that Score is allowed to be voted on.

Edited by Walt Disney

I'm thinking mostly about the iconic bond themes so I'm essentially voting Dr No.And yes I knew the exorcist was dodgy ground, but it is a film you remember for the music almost more than the film itself.

Your list is definitely one of my favorites. There were a few Scores that were not doing that well, but they were great scores (some I voted for, others I didn't but I am cheering for them anyway). Your vote put a lot of those Scores into contention to make the list. It's almost like you knew which Scores needed votes. Even the order you ranked the songs in was great. Truly a great list.

Your list is definitely one of my favorites. There were a few Scores that were not doing that well, but they were great scores (some I voted for, others I didn't but I am cheering for them anyway). Your vote put a lot of those Scores into contention to make the list. It's almost like you knew which Scores needed votes. Even the order you ranked the songs in was great. Truly a great list.

• Like 1

Tough list.1. Titanic -James Horner2. Raiders of the Lost Ark -John Williams3. Jaws- John Williams4. Halloween- John Carpenter5. Terminator- Brad Fiedel6. Star Wars -John Williams7. Empire Strikes Back -John Williams8. The Phantom Menace- John Williams9. E.T. -John Williams10. Angel Heart- trevor Jones11. Inception -Hans Zimmer12. Superman -John Williams13. First Blood- Jerry Goldsmith14. Back to the Future -Alan Silvestri15. Cape Fear -Bernard Hermann16. Rocky- Bill Conti17. Friday the 13th- Harry Manfredini18. Fellowship of the Ring -Howard Shore19. The Matrix Reloaded- Don Davis13. Aliens- James Horner14. Predator -Alan Silvestri18. Saving Private Ryan-John Williams21. JFK- John Williams24. The Fugitive -James Newton Howard25. Nightmare on Elm Street- Charles Bernstein

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1