Rthmessiah

Weekend#s BD2 $43.1M/$227M, Skyfall 36/221.7, Linc 25/62.2, Rise 24/32.6, Pi 22/30.2, Ralph 16.8/1

The issue is some people see estimates from Rth at 1AM and almost take them as final, you know?

True but he has explained many times, his early numbers are extrapolations. He has data and uses it to make guesstimates. People need to realize being off by few 100K is okay not earth shattering like BK007 was making it out to be.
  • Like 2

Going by the usual comparisons......If Skyfall follows CR exactly from here on, it will finish with 305m.If BD2 follows BD1 exactly from here on, it will finish with 290m.If WIR follows Megamind exactly from here on, it will finish with 172m.

The issue is some people see estimates from Rth at 1AM and almost take them as final, you know?

1am where you are. 10pm where I am. His final updates at 1am PST/4am EST(or at least 4 hours before any studios report) are 95-100% correct.
  • Like 1

I want him to give us as many reports as possible. 1 ridiculous comment shouldn't have negative consequences for rest of us.

I like all of his reports as well, but if he was only going to give us one, I wouldn't want it to be the 10pm guesstimates. I'd rather see his final 1am update than that. I stay up for it.
  • Like 1

Not so fast. I don't think Skyfall is locked for those numbers at all.

Yeah, let's wait to see how it crashes next weekend before making any presumptions. All movies will have huge drops next weekend.

I like all of his reports as well, but if he was only going to give us one, I wouldn't want it to be the 10pm guesstimates. I'd rather see his final 1am update than that. I stay up for it.

Unfortunately by then it's 3 AM here and I've to get some sleep.
  • Like 1