DeeCee

Under The Dome on CBS from Steven Spielberg & Stephen King

Yes, and the movie's idea comes from......Under the Dome (the original book)!So why should I care? Under the Dome is the original material, and Simpsons isn't a live show.

The book came out 2 years after the movie. The Simpsons is a satirical reflection of a middle class family in small town America. What difference does it make if it is live action or a cartoon?

• Community Manager

The book came out 2 years after the movie. The Simpsons is a satirical reflection of a middle class family in small town America. What difference does it make if it is live action or a cartoon?

Stephen King had the idea long before the book or the movie by several decades:

http://www.stephenking.com/library/unpublished/cannibals_the.html

The difference is that the Simpsons is a comedy while Under the Dome is a drama.

Yes, I know and it wasn't a new concept back in the late 70's either. But his argument was that you can't compare events in The Simpsons to events in Under the Dome because one is a cartoon and one is a "real life" drama.

Edited by DeeCee

Yes, I know and it wasn't a new concept back in the late 70's either. But his argument was that you can't compare events in The Simpsons to events in Under the Dome because one is a cartoon and one is a "real life" drama.

And I still say it : you can't.

• Community Manager

Well, you can, but I'm not entirely sure how that would be productive.

ok so 3-5 tonight so they tried a bomb at it , how original!!!

but i thought i heard something like the dome is causing magnetic interference with outside world? and that's one major reason gvt want to destroy it apart from pr "saving chester mills inhabitants"

so far i haven't seen anything worthwhile, bye bye padre cuckoo though , he had it coming ...

:ph34r:  :wacko: at angie and junior , i get it doomsday scenario but still yuck...

so i read a few pages from the book , and i gotta say i prefer tv barbie to book barbie and just had to laugh at idea of a woodchuck having a pov  :lol:

The book is one of Stephen King's best.  I read it twice.  

Top 6:

The Stand

Dark Tower series

Under the Dome

IT

11-22-63

Shining

I mostly liked season 1. There was a bit of weak acting, and some of the subplots were kind of ridiculous, but on the whole it was pretty good.

I do think it would have been better as something like a 10 episode mini-series, I can easily see the show getting written into a corner and ending up with just plain silly or bad plot lines when they run out of fresh or interesting ideas that are consistent and make sense within the original premise.