Neo

Crimson Peak (10.16.2015) Trailer Page 29

My only hope is this film stays true to being a proper classic style horror movie and doesn't turn into a CG orgy at the end. Sink that budget into the production design.

Awesome sets, but don't go all Jan DeBonts the Haunting on me. That fucking movie...something about it...it looks like she thing I want to like...but it fucking sucks.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 3

I want to like this. In the age of microbudget horror movie overload we need a big gothic horror extravaganza with lavish sets and costumes and sex and blood and excess. 

But the trailers aren't doing it for me. 

Hopefully it turns out well for del Toro, Chastain and Wasikowski (who deserved an Oscar nomination for Tracks last year). All three deserve it. 

My only hope is this film stays true to being a proper classic style horror movie and doesn't turn into a CG orgy at the end. Sink that budget into the production design.

Awesome sets, but don't go all Jan DeBonts the Haunting on me. That fucking movie...something about it...it looks like she thing I want to like...but it fucking sucks.

Play Nice With Paul's Friend.

:angry:

• Like 1

I want to like this. In the age of microbudget horror movie overload we need a big gothic horror extravaganza with lavish sets and costumes and sex and blood and excess. 

But the trailers aren't doing it for me. 

Hopefully it turns out well for del Toro, Chastain and Wasikowski (who deserved an Oscar nomination for Tracks last year). All three deserve it.

So...watch Tracks?

That's my takeaway from this post.

I am actually bummed about Del Toro the filmmaker.

He is the best world builder & production designer working in Hollywood ( just saw Hellboy 2 again, deal Lord !) at the moment but it seems that s the only thing I get out of his movies most of the time.

It looked amazing BUT ...

:mellow:  :unsure:

• Like 1

I am actually bummed about Del Toro the filmmaker.

He is the best world builder & production designer working in Hollywood ( just saw Hellboy 2 again, deal Lord !) at the moment but it seems that s the only thing I get out of his movies most of the time.

It looked amazing BUT ...

:mellow:  :unsure:

I get you.

His English language output is amazing to look at, but otherwise...it's just Tim Burton movies but with a geek hardon.

Totally watchable, but not up to the greatness I want. But they all look great.

Come on GDT, DEVLIVER. I know you can design the shit out of a movie, but tell me a fucking good story already.

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of Del Toro, and not just because of his style. Aside from his Spanish language films, I love Hellboy 1 and 2 because I genuinely think the films are very entertaining and well done, with great characters and moments, plus I'm fan of the comic in general, and Pacific Rim is just awesome (yeah, tell me I'm wrong Kowhite, I'll stand by opinion).

Based off everything I've seen of Crimson Peak. It looks to be no different.

Edited by FancyArcher
  • Like 1

I'm a huge fan of Del Toro, and not just because of his style. Aside from his Spanish language films, I love Hellboy 1 and 2 because I genuinely think the films are very entertaining and well done, with great characters and moments, plus I'm fan of the comic in general, and Pacific Rim is just awesome (yeah, tell me I'm wrong Kowhite, I'll stand by opinion).

Based off everything I've seen of Crimson Peak. It looks to be no different.

Ok, I'll say this...when pacific Rim is awesome...it's fucking over the top amazing awesome.

But when it's not...it blows.

But still it delivers the goods on visuals and action...so...I totally get it...even if I think a lot of it blows. If it makes you feel better, I took my friend to a screening...granted he was completely stoned...and he fucking loved it.

That's the problem with PacRim...when it works...oooooh boy, it works. And it makes me all the more annoyed the rest didn't.

Edited by kowhite

Ok, I'll say this...when pacific Rim is awesome...it's fucking over the top amazing awesome.

But still it delivers the goods on visuals and action...so...I totally get it...even if I think a lot of it blows. If it makes you feel better, I took my friend to a screening...granted he was completely stoned...and he fucking loved it.

I still can't believe the first Pacfic Rim was made at this price.

I know the producers probably were thinking about Bayformers movies while green lighting it but still 190m for an invested property, that s kinda rare these days ...

• Like 1

That's the problem with PacRim...when it works...oooooh boy, it works. And it makes me all the more annoyed the rest didn't.

Pacific Rim basically worked for me, because I really got invested in the world. You might have not liked most of the the human only scenes, and I agree that Hunman was pretty bland (he didn't really take away from the film for me), but I'm sure as heck as was fine with the human scenes.

Edited by FancyArcher
  • Like 1

Pacific Rim basically worked for me, because I really got invested in the world. You might have not liked the human only scenes, but I'm sure as heck as was fine with them.

Seriously, Hunnam and Rinko had zero chemistry. Like...none. I have better chemistry with my boss.

Seriously, Hunnam and Rinko had zero chemistry. Like...none. I have better chemistry with my boss.

The only backstory that worked was Elba & Rinko father/daughter thing, the drift flashback was amazing, probably the best scene of the movie where big robots & kajus didn't beat the shit out of each other.

• Like 1

I thought they had fine chemistry, and was happy that their relationship didn't get anywhere beyond being partners honestly.

Also Rinko kicked some serious ass in the film.

Edited by FancyArcher
  • Like 1