Moviedweeb

TDKR "Honest-Trailer"

TBH, I went to see the Avengers with absolute no expectations, never cared for it when it was in the making. I mean, I remembered it was bound to happen when they released the Superbowl teaser, FFS!(I even thought it would suck and be utterly cheesy because of Whedon's TV show background and his flat way of shooting, like I said I found IM2 to be so lame I didn't care to follow Marvel cinematic universe unfold till the Avengers. I have little to no idea at the beginning of Avengers what that tesseract was all about. I only knew who was Loki and saw the trailer. That's all.)Surprinsingly, I found myself sucked into it, more compelled than what I had expected. I felt excitement, giggling, my jaw dropped numerous times. It was a refreshing surprise. Whedon literrally convinced me he could handle big epic spectacle with a snarking sense of humor who does not take itself too seriously, something I would never suspect (Never saw Firefly). Witty banter, action, fun, lot of humor. I came to enjoy Stark/IM character again, cared for Captain America and Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow stood their grounds as casting Mark Ruffalo in the Hulk part was pure genius. Whedon proved me superheroes team could work on screen. A premise that left me doubtful before like many others.OTOH, TDKR was a let down for me because what worked in TDK seemed to completely fall flat on its face even though Nolan re-used many similar beats. I followed closely the making of the film, every single picture from the set. The hype surrounding it killed it. All I could see was the flaws, few highlights in a rather bleak and convoluted movie. Been there, done that.

Edited by dashrendar44

Come on, there is nothing there that would stick with the audience. Dont get me wrong, i love Loki. One of my favourite villains in comics and im a fan of the movie version but Bane dialogue sticks. But there is nothing creepy or memorable about loki's lines.

Might depend on who you ask. I should point out I got those quotes from a section on IMDB called "memorable quotes". :D

Look, I like The Avengers just as much as I like TDKR, but there's no way Loki is a better or more memorable villain than Bane (imo). Bane was an utter badass. The only thing I remember about Loki was him getting knocked the f**k out, Deebo style..

I think I'll put my money on Loki if they ever get into a fight. Sure Loki got a beatdown from the Hulk...but he was ok afterward. Bane would be tomato soup if that happened to him, wouldn't he?

(Never saw Firefly).

If I'm a "Whedonite" over anything...it would be Firefly. I saw Buffy and it was "pretty good" to me....but Firefly....that blew me away in every way. I really really like Avengers...but it's not on the same level as Firefly in my world. :)Yeah...I recommend it. :D

TBH, I went to see the Avengers with absolute no expectations, never cared for it when it was in the making. I mean, I remembered it was bound to happen when they released the Superbowl teaser, FFS!

(I even thought it would suck and be utterly cheesy because of Whedon's TV show background and his flat way of shooting, like I said I found IM2 to be so lame I didn't care to follow Marvel cinematic universe unfold till the Avengers. I have little to no idea at the beginning of Avengers what that tesseract was all about. I only knew who was Loki and saw the trailer. That's all.)

Surprinsingly, I found myself sucked into it, more compelled than what I had expected. I felt excitement, giggling, my jaw dropped numerous times. It was a refreshing surprise. Whedon literrally convinced me he could handle big epic spectacle with a snarking sense of humor who does not take itself too seriously, something I would never suspect (Never saw Firefly). Witty banter, action, fun, lot of humor. I came to enjoy Stark/IM character again, cared for Captain America and Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow stood their grounds as casting Mark Ruffalo in the Hulk part was pure genius. Whedon proved me superheroes team could work on screen. A premise that left me doubtful before like many others.

OTOH, TDKR was a let down for me because what worked in TDK seemed to completely fall flat on its face even though Nolan re-used many similar beats. I followed closely the making of the film, every single picture from the set. The hype surrounding it killed it. All I could see was the flaws, few highlights in a rather bleak and convoluted movie. Been there, done that.

That will teach you to not do that, surprising that the film that you did not have any pre conceived notions became a film that you enjoyed greatly to the film that followed up on a huge movie before it. Will you follow A2 like you did with Tdkr
  • Like 1

Might depend on who you ask. I should point out I got those quotes from a section on IMDB called "memorable quotes". :DI think I'll put my money on Loki if they ever get into a fight. Sure Loki got a beatdown from the Hulk...but he was ok afterward. Bane would be tomato soup if that happened to him, wouldn't he?If I'm a "Whedonite" over anything...it would be Firefly. I saw Buffy and it was "pretty good" to me....but Firefly....that blew me away in every way. I really really like Avengers...but it's not on the same level as Firefly in my world. :)Yeah...I recommend it. :D

Firefly is AmazingLoki v Bane in a fight, Loki would win, easily, which character did i find more threatening in their universe, Bane
  • Like 2

Firefly is Amazing

Loki v Bane in a fight, Loki would win, easily, which character did i find more threatening in their universe, Bane

agree.

both Loki and Bane are utility villains, pawns for bigger scheme. In comparison though, Loki is far less significant in the grand scheme, pretty much like scarecrow in BB. Bane is the front of Talia, the most important part of Talia's plan.

and yeah, Firefly is the one of those shows should contiune~ (Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles too!~)

Edited by teardropmina

agree.both Loki and Bane are utility villains, pawns for bigger scheme. In comparison though, Loki is far less significant in the grand scheme, pretty much like scarecrow in BB. Bane is the front of Talia, the most important part of Talia's plan.and yeah, Firefly is the one of those shows should contiune~ (Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles too!~)

Total 100% in agreement, TTSCC ain't seen it, t3/t4 ruined watching anything bar t1/t2

Total 100% in agreement, TTSCC ain't seen it, t3/t4 ruined watching anything bar t1/t2

you should try TTSCC. don't look at it as a purist; it has decent character depictions and great exploration into the huaman-machine interrelationship theme.oh, btw, I kinda like T3~ the final moment of the film is quite moving.

Yeah they sort of went quite harsh on the film.For LOTR or even for TA they made of the film but still said how they were still fun and good films.Here they just piled on the film.

It's the cool thing to do these days, i think hobbit has helped drain some of that pressure

A Nolanite stands on top of his house in sad reflection in a cape and dislikes all films that are light hearted and not serious... ^_^I think way more Marvel fans love TDK Series a lot....

There is room for both types of movies in this world.Both Avengers and TDKR are 2 really good films in my opinion and we were very lucky to have them both in the same year.
  • Like 1

Best Movie of 2012 as Voted by Metacritic UsersMovie Points 1 78 The Dark Knight Rises 3,196 2 84 Moonrise Kingdom 1,839 3 81 Skyfall 1,751 4 86 Argo 1,720 5 84 Looper 1,634 6 69 The Avengers 1,575 7 86 The Master 1,335 8 86 Lincoln 1,224 9 80 Django Unchained 1,151 10 58 The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 1,030 11 95 Zero Dark Thirty 887 12 81 Silver Linings Playbook 781 13 86 Beasts of The Southern Wild 777 14 79 Life of Pi 677 15 72 The Cabin in the Woods 529 16 84 Holy Motors 478 17 92 Amour 431 18 67 The Perks of Being a Wallflower 380 65 Prometheus 380 20 55 Cloud Atlas 366 Most Overrated Movie of 2012 as Voted by Metacritic Users1 69 The Avengers 216 2 78 The Dark Knight Rises 154 3 58 The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 71 4 52 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 65 5 67 The Hunger Games 59 Not bad for a shitty movie