Moviedweeb

TDKR "Honest-Trailer"

That's absurd. Loki had no memorable lines. I get you hate TDKR but don't make yourself look silly.

I certainly remember a few:"I'm listening""I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear! And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is my bargain, you mewling quim!""I am burdened with glorious purpose.""An ant has no quarrel with a boot.""Are you ever NOT going to fall for that?"
  • Like 3

I certainly remember a few:"I'm listening""I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear! And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is my bargain, you mewling quim!""I am burdened with glorious purpose.""An ant has no quarrel with a boot.""Are you ever NOT going to fall for that?"

Come on, there is nothing there that would stick with the audience. Dont get me wrong, i love Loki. One of my favourite villains in comics and im a fan of the movie version but Bane dialogue sticks. But there is nothing creepy or memorable about loki's lines.

I think you overestimate Bane's image...Most people find his appearance cool but his voice was just hilarious...Everyone I know was cracking jokes for months over Bane's voice..."ImPossibile"Lol the funniest one is it reminded us from Sienfeld when Jerry kept saying "Hellooooooooooooooo!!!"Said it remdinded us of Bane...

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I think you overestimate Bane's image...Most people find his appearance cool but his voice was just hilarious...Everyone I know was cracking jokes for months over Bane's voice..."ImPossibile"Lol the funniest one is it reminded us from Sienfeld when Jerry kept saying "Hellooooooooooooooo!!!"Said it remdinded us of Bane...

And i wont disagree with you. I know a few people who found his voice odd and funny too. But they did agree he had some of the coolest lines

Yes he had some great lines...I think Loki and Bane suffer from being shortchanged in the end of the films...Bane after the plot twist is greatly reduced and is then easily killed and replaced by a weak villian...Loki goes into Meltown and then is thrown around like a ragdoll.However the later led to the most entertaing scene of the year to audiences...

Come on, there is nothing there that would stick with the audience. Dont get me wrong, i love Loki. One of my favourite villains in comics and im a fan of the movie version but Bane dialogue sticks. But there is nothing creepy or memorable about loki's lines.

Yeah, a PUNY GOD....

...a puny god.

Redundance is strong in this thread...Just like in TDKR. Thanks guys for proving my point, Avengers did have memorable lines.

Posted Image

Edited by dashrendar44

Redundance is strong in this thread...Just like in TDKR. Thanks guys for proving my point, Avengers did have memorable lines.

Posted Image

Wierd how its ok for Marvel fans to shit on anything TDKR but you are not willing to accept any counter arguments. Again, you guys are no better than the 'nolanites'.

any refutation is thrown out because its from someone who likes TDK.

p.s love that gif:)

Edited by Omario

I love your generalization. So I liked Avengers therefore I'm a Marvelite (even though, I despise IM2, never cared for nor saw Captain America, Incredible Hulk and Thor), I hate TDKR so I must hate Nolan (even though I loved Memento, the Prestige, Inception and quite enjoy TDK thanks to Ledger).Let's not paint the world in black and white, brother. ;)

Edited by dashrendar44

A Nolanite stands on top of his house in sad reflection in a cape and dislikes all films that are light hearted and not serious... ^_^

A Nolanite stands on top of his house in sad reflection in a cape and dislikes all films that are light hearted and not serious... ^_^I think way more Marvel fans love TDK Series a lot.... Edited by Lordmandeep

That's your opinion. But you are speaking for a slew of others, who frankly, don't feel the same way you do.

I love your generalization. So I liked Avengers therefore I'm a Marvelite (even though, I despise IM2, never cared for nor saw Captain America, Incredible Hulk and Thor), I hate TDKR so I must hate Nolan (even though I loved Memento, the Prestige, Inception and quite enjoy TDK thanks to Ledger).Let's not paint the world in black and white, brother. ;)

thats true. apologies mate
  • Like 1

That's your opinion. But you are speaking for a slew of others, who frankly, don't feel the same way you do.

that can be said for his post too. But its a forum, and things like this will be discussed back and forth perhaps without a result or compromise. Doesnt mean i shouldnt argue my opinion:)