Moviedweeb

TDKR "Honest-Trailer"

Come on guys we all know the most unrealistic part of TDKR is Hines Ward returning kickoffs and outrunning the blast.Plus how good are the Gotham Knights? There were a lot of empty seats. My guess is they're about a 4-8 team.

It looked even emptier when I was there in person that day ;)

Last Crusade, Jedi, Sith, Transformers 3 are all much much much better than TDKR.

I agree with the Last Crusade and possible Jedi, but Sith and T3? I really don't hate on movies and celebrate film in general. I recently got the Star Wars blu ray set and watched the prequels again. I really wanted to like them, I wanted to think that people overacted and that there was an unfair "fanboy" backlash. I wanted to think that by their own merit, the films weren't that bad and actually had amazing moments. But unfortunately, and again I had a completely open mind, the prequels are some of the worst films I have ever seen--Sith included. They are decently structured but appallingly written and acted. Nothing looks real either, not for a second during the final battle did I believe that actors weren't in front of green screens. But visuals aside, I found the stories to be really weak and disappointing. T3 is incredibly entertaining, but not a very good movie IMO. TDKR has it's share of flaws, quite a few actually, but it is really well acted, written, and crafted. I think it is leagues above Sith and T3. Sith, by the way, makes T3 look like a masterpiece IMO. But opinions are opinions and I do respect yours and who am I to say what is great or not. If someone loves Sith and it opens them up to other films, that is always great. Or if someone loves films in general and loves Sith, that is cool too. Just my opinion.
  • Like 2

The entire Star Wars Prequel trilogy was bad, easily as rotten as Clone Wars (movie and TV series)and The Dark Knight Rises is a far better quality piece of film making than ANYTHING Michael Bay has ever had his name attached too.http://blog.moviefone.com/2009/02/02/discuss-is-there-room-for-michael-bay-in-the-age-of-chris-nolan/

Edited by Squaremaster316
  • Like 1

I enjoy being telling me I'm silly because my opinion differs from theirs....you make me laugh. If Algren were here, he'd laugh too.TF3 is imo much better than TDKR. I didn't like much about it and TRF3 absolutely blew me away...maybe you haven't red my thoughts on it before. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1399103/reviews-74

One can argue that TDKR is a lot like ROTJ..It has some really ??? scenes and some of the best scenes.Personally I think TDKR was a film trying to do sooo much..The plot was overly complicated...The Villain has a silly voice and then is weakened dramatically with a plot twist at the end..Then Batman pretty much nuked the Fridge where he escapes a nuclear blast within 5 seconds...However the film had some amazing scenes...Wished Nolan tried not to make this overly complicated epic and a rather tight storyline based film like TDK.I think TDK benefited from a better villain and some amazing symbolism and themes.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Batman Begins: ****3/4The Dark Knight: *****The Dark Knight Rises: **** - ****1/4 depending on my mood.So, yeah, the worst of the trilogy.Still, better than the weakest installments of many other highly regarded trilogies such as Jedi, Temple of Doom, GF3, Bourne Identity, Back to the future 2 (&3), and is it just me or does Fellowship just have some odd scenes that become distracting.

I loved TDKR but many people dislike it passionately because it wasn't as good as its predecessor. TDK was a monumental achievement and a game changer for the industry. It made people think of Nolan as a god-like director so when fans thought he didn't deliver on the last installment, they were irate lol.

• Like 1

TDKR had unrealistic expectations.I knew from day one no matter it was not going to live up to TDK...TDK may be seen as overhyped by some but it is no doubt one of the most well liked films of the modern era. TA never had such expectations and had reduced expectations due to Iron Man 2. Some people thought it was going to be a mess like Iron Man 2.However what we got was one of the most entertaining summer blockbusters in years...TDKR deserves a greater level of criticism because it sold it self as being this grand epic that was going to live up to TDK.TA just offered plain fun.TA delivered on expectations and knocked it out of the park..TDKR was a great film but was below the unrealistic expectations put on it.Remember many of us thought it was going to get over TA opening weekend record and a 100 million opening day… TA just offered plain fun.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2