baumer

50 Films Better than TDKR in 2012

Cool. Thanks bro. I'm not sure if you were on the other side of the fence in the other thread and then read the evidence (or my findings) but I always thought you were on my side of it the whole time. Doesn't really matter, all I remember is that there were maybe two others in that thread, who stood up to the other 20 posters who told us that were idiots for thinking what we did. And like I said, you have my respect for that. And yes, we can disagree on many other things, but there's no harm in that. :)

I was always on your side of that thread the whole time. But I guess I was referring to other things throughout my time here and at BOM.
  • Like 1

Films released this year 'better' (subjectively) than TDKR: Holy Motors The Master Looper LincolnArgo Cloud Atlas Django Unchained Life of Pi Beasts of the Southern Wild Cabin in the Woods Moonrise Kingdom Wreck-It Ralph Les Miserables The Perks of Being a Wallflower The Avengers (OH SNAP) The Grey Killer Joe Magic Mike 21 Jump Street 19 by my count. And maybe Skyfall... haven't decided yet. See? I can make lists too, baumer!

• Like 3

Dude seriously what is that?! :unsure:Breaking Dawn 2: 9.5/10Battleship: 9/10Think Like A Man: 9/10John Carter: 8/10Paranormal Activity 4: 8/10Here Comes the Boom: 8/10Rock of Ages: 9/10Big Miracle: 8.5/10Chernobyl Diaries: 8.5/10Friends with Kids: 8.5/10

Dude seriously what is that?! :unsure:Breaking Dawn 2: 9.5/10Battleship: 9/10Think Like A Man: 9/10John Carter: 8/10Paranormal Activity 4: 8/10Here Comes the Boom: 8/10Rock of Ages: 9/10Big Miracle: 8.5/10Chernobyl Diaries: 8.5/10Friends with Kids: 8.5/10

Those are films that are better than TDKR and those grades are very well deserved.

I have nowhere near 50, but these are the films that I can arguable say, for me, are better, or on the same level, as TDKR (and I really like TDKR)Titanic (it was re-released so I counted it :P )ArgoSilver Linings PlaybookWreck-It RalphLincolnHitchcockLooperFrankenweenie

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

Those are films that are better than TDKR and those grades are very well deserved.

TDKR is not only a vastly superior quality piece of filmmaking/storytelling than those films, but it's a better film than many of those film's stars have ever been in (especially Kevin James, Lautner, Kitsch, who have never been in a film above the level of "awful" their entire respective careers) or directed (Tim Story, who has built his career on a pile of sh*t that rivals Uwe Boll)

TDKR is not only a vastly superior quality piece of filmmaking/storytelling than those films, but it's a better film than many of those film's stars have ever been in (especially Kevin James, Lautner, Kitsch, who have never been in a film above the level of "awful" their entire respective careers) or directed (Tim Story, who has built his career on a pile of sh*t that rivals Uwe Boll)

TDKR is a parody of TDK. It's such a sloppy film that a kindergarten student could poke holes in it. Every film on my list, even down to the not so great ones like Red dawn, are all better than the egregious TDKR. Breaking Dawn 2 is one of the ten best of the year. TDKR is just a sad imitation of what was once a great franchise.
  • Like 1

TDKR is a parody of TDK. It's such a sloppy film that a kindergarten student could poke holes in it. Every film on my list, even down to the not so great ones like Red dawn, are all better than the egregious TDKR. Breaking Dawn 2 is one of the ten best of the year. TDKR is just a sad imitation of what was once a great franchise.

Except when it comes to plot, characterization, character development and acting.

Breaking Dawn 2, like every single other installment of its atrocious saga, was an absolutely awful film that failed to reach the level of competent in any measurable cinematic area, but this one, in particular, reached a level even below the previous with one of the worst, cheapest, copout plot device twists ever executed in the history of cinema since its birth with Roundhay Garden.

• Like 1

Except when it comes to plot, characterization, character development and acting.

Breaking Dawn 2, like every single other installment of its atrocious saga, was an absolutely awful film that failed to reach the level of competent in any measurable cinematic area, but this one, in particular, reached a level even below the previous with one of the worst, cheapest, copout plot device twists ever executed in the history of cinema since its birth with Roundhay Garden.

TDKR's plot is ridiculous. It could have and should have ended with Miranda killing Bruce when they had sex. The movie is done at that point. I could pick apart the film for pages. But there is no need. If you liked it, that's great, good for you. I didn't and I'll defend Breaking Dawn 2 till my breath runs out. It is absolutely one of the ten best of the year.

Guys Guys Guys.

Leave Baumer alone!

Posted Image

Yes I think most people, including myself go 'WTF IS THIS SHIT', when we see his errr unique views on cinema. How one can claim that a kindergartener could poke holes in TDKR while singing the praises of movies like Battleship is beyond my level of understanding. However ultimately film going is a subjective experience and his opinion is just as 'right' as any as ours......I'll just continue to ignore any suggestions he has on films to watch and be thankful that we have someone of his talent to keep these forums well moderated!

• Like 1